Chicago outing to RT 41 this Saturday

dun4791

Established Member
Hey guys --How is everybody?

1 of my friends ( Don May) has an 11 sec. silver 93 notch with a procharger might show up if the weather is nice. Might help get the cost down. Wish I could go but gotta work. Dan, remember straight forward on the 2-3. Good Luck on your 10s. Call me after an let me know whats up for Bowling Green.

Ill catch you guys later.

Lyle

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Lyle, I have the trailer at my house now. Don't know if we will needing it for KY though. We'll see Saturday.
We need to decide what time we're leaving Friday. It should be pretty early though.

Dan

dun4791

Established Member
Dan

Find out what size ball we need for the trailer, if you didnt get it with the trailer so I can get the right one from a friend if we need to.

If we pull the car, yea we should get an early start, Im up for any time really, gonna take Fri, Sat, and Sun. off so let me know.

Good Luck Sat. :burnout:

Later---Lyle

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Lyle,
I have the hitch from the guy too. It is a 2" balll on a 2" square channel that fits into the receiver that I hope you already have.
I also have just the 2" ball that I threw on my bumper to get the trailer home.
Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I will be meeting up with Tim early Saturday morning. We should pick a spot in Lansing somewhere. It's almost a half-way point for some of the guys.
Any ideas Tim? A big lot around your new place somewhere?
Wallgreens? BurgerKing?
Dan

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
bad news, my 03 rear end "tink/pop" is getting worse by the day, im still trying to decide whether I should go to the track or take it in to the dealership, the last thing i want is something breaking while im there.( already had it in there, they did the retorque'ing TSB, but i need them to look at the Hubs/halfshafts.

Also, my friend vince with a 98 Cobra is having problems as well, his 4.30's are whining, so he's callin his techy today to see if it'll be alright if he runs as they are.

So im extremely sorry, but we might not be able to go, i will post later today with an update.....

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Man, the 03 Cobra list, looks like it might be getting smaller. Not good.

03cobraCCC, trust me, its not fun to break at the track.. Infact it sucks..

I will be there for sure.. Packing up everything I will need today...

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Take it to the service dept. and have them take the hubs off.

Worst case is you take it to the track and you break something HARD and the dealer cries "racing" and there goes your warranty.

Mike

Originally posted by 03CobraCCC
bad news, my 03 rear end "tink/pop" is getting worse by the day, im still trying to decide whether I should go to the track or take it in to the dealership, the last thing i want is something breaking while im there.( already had it in there, they did the retorque'ing TSB, but i need them to look at the Hubs/halfshafts.

Also, my friend vince with a 98 Cobra is having problems as well, his 4.30's are whining, so he's callin his techy today to see if it'll be alright if he runs as they are.

So im extremely sorry, but we might not be able to go, i will post later today with an update.....

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I have decided not to go tomorrow. I have a lot of plans for modifications mainly to tighten up the rear end without going to a live axle. Doing a pulley and chip are also inevitable as I am addicted to speed now. So I will be seeing ya's next year at the track, but I'm still up for the meets in the local area that involved talking, eating, and just checkin' the cars out!

Mike

FearblueR1

Established Member
Well we will have the track from 9A.M. to 4P.M.

It is $35.00 per car. $5.00 for spectating.

For those that might be coming but didn't make the cutoff for the list. I can't guarantee they will let you run. I'm not running the event.

I was invited, and I asked if I could open an invite to others. They allowed me to do so, but asked that I have a final list by last night. I presented them with the list I had last night.

I apologize for any misunderstandings. I'm not running the event so it wouldn't be my decision to let anyone that showed up run.

Thats not saying they won't, I just don't know if they will. It seems like they are trying to keep a tight line on the list.

The price will not be knocked down any further. They will just use any extra cash to apply more VHT down the track.

I was told last year that they had a surplus of money. Asked if they each wanted $8.00 bucks back or apply VHT to the entire track. EVERYONE choose the VHT. (LOL)

Unrelated:
Hey Dan, a buddy of mine just called me this morning. He had heard that a dyno shop around 95th street ended up catching on fire.

Something along the lines of a kid helping the owner, ended up catching the parts washer on fire.

I didn't think it was Mike at High speed, but I didn't know for sure. I don't know too many people with dyno's in that area. Have you talked to Mike recently?

Back to racing: There is a bowling alley parking lot right next to my apartment. We could meet there. OR we could meet at the corner of torrence and ridge. There is a restaurant there called Chios. Good food. Maybe catch a bite to eat, and some java.

Let me know. I will be working on the car tonight at the apartment. Stop by if you like.

I still don't have access to the internet at home. You can reach me on my cellphone.

I will be online and checking this post until 5:50P.M. tonight.

Tim

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Tim,
I was at Mike's yesterday. See the thread about Bowling Green for the dyno sheet.
I left around 1:00 and it was ok. There was a kid working there. I don't know. I hope it wasn't him, but I don't know of any other dyno shops in the area.

The resturant sounds good. What time? 7:30 or so?

Dan

FearblueR1

Established Member
That works for me Dan. If anyone else would like to meet us there at 7:30A.M Sat. You are more than welcome. I can provide directions if needed.

Here is the map.

Map of area. Chios

Thanks,
Tim

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I'll meet you guys at 41 around 9 or so. I assume I should look for an open gate and a guy with a clipboard?

See you all tomorrow, :)

Cliff

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
sorry fella's, but me and my friend vince cannot go.......i have to get my car in and get the rear end fixed...its now making the "tink" sound while turning and while engaging the clutch.......cant risk having something break....my friend vince with the 98 Cobra will also be unavailable, he talked to his tech today and had to leave it there, the diff is being takin' apart to fix his 4.30's whine.......sorry bout the news..

oh well, maybe next time, i'll have some actual mods by then...

good luck to you all, may your cobra's strike quick and hard.:thumbsup:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Did anyone get pics of the POS that came apart and hit Tito's car and damaged his intercooler?

I helped Tito a little drop the intercooler out. It's damaged in two spots. There was no coolant left, just some slight spillage from the leftovers in the hoses.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread