Chicago Area Rear End Shops?

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
I'm having a hell of a time finding a reputable rearend shop that will rebuild my differential and hopefully install some 4.30 gears. If anyone from the Chicagoland area, preferably northern Chicago, have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Paul

JP96cobra

Established Member
Man Im in the need for the same thing. Try asking around on chicagosvt.com. Those guys might know some more shops. Did you ever here of Sutton high performance. They are in Matteson, IL. Im sure they can help you out. They deal with mostly mustangs. There prices are a little high for my liking though. There are some newer performance shops that opened up recently such as outlaw motorsports in Joliet,IL and Straightline performance in New Lenox, IL. I dont know if these shops really deal with rearends though. It wouldnt hurt to give them a call.

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
There is a place by me called Vefron Super Gears in Bridgeview, IL 708-598-1890. His name is Wally. He is a little pricey but he does fantastic work. He's redone 2 rear ends of mine and I am very happy with them, one with a 4.10 and the other with a 4.56. Absolutley no noise whatsoever. My car had a cover over it the whole time it was in his shop. He knows me pretty well so call him up and tell him Howard with the Black 97 Cobra said to call, see what he has to say! (Ive learned my lesson by not going cheap anymore with gear installs, had one set of gears installed, not right, cost more money to make it right again)

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Thanks for the responses thus far, I will look into them. I'm North of Chicago so if anyone else has any other shops that they know of please let me know. I pulled the drain plug off my rear today and there were metal shavings all over it... NOT GOOD. I need to find a place soon, so please keep em coming.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread