Chevrolet SS vs Mustang 5.0

6.0GTO

Established Member
Man you guys are crazy, the SS is just the right amount of aggression. That's my favorite of the hot sedans from America.

I like it too. Many of my friends think the SS is boring also but then talk about how they like the SHO. It is Colorado though so I just assume they are high.

Bokeo

Established Member
I love the G8 but lets be honest, its a bit dated nowadays - especially the interior. The SS is pretty nice in my eyes, interior is pretty good and I actually like the way it looks.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Man you guys are crazy, the SS is just the right amount of aggression. That's my favorite of the hot sedans from America.

Where is the exterior aggression on these cars? The average driver would think it's a damn Malibu.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Am i the only one that expected the SS to run harder? Im thinking it should be around 118-120 mph car. Is the 5.0 just that fast with those mods?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Where is the exterior aggression on these cars? The average driver would think it's a damn Malibu.

Have you seen them in person? The first one I saw I couldn't stop staring at it.

Look a little closer at the small cues

ABTL_2015-Chevrolet-Malibu-LTZ-Black-Granite-Metallic-Front-Quarter.jpg

Here is your normal 2015 Malibu, relatively bland, fits right in with the Taurus. Not a bad looking car, not a great looking car either.

chevrolet-ss-gets-thumbs-up-from-consumer-reports-video-83273_1.jpg

First of all, the rake, nothing too aggressive here just the right amount. The slightly more sinister head lights stand out to me as well as the hood with the mini cowl (not a great picture of it). Chin spoiler its a bit more aggressive and the side vents (which I'm normally not a fan of) add a bit more flare.

FusionvsMalibu_4.jpg

Keeping up with the same just the right amount of aggression theme

White_2.jpg

The rear has small touches to make it stand out just a little bit more and make it a little meaner. Tail lights are obvious, and the lower deck lid adds a more aggressive theme, you could probably add a little more spoiler to it if you wanted but I think it looks fantastic. The plastic on the rear diffuser reaches up a little too high for my tastes but painting it might help, or a different color car.

Chevy didn't build this for the average person. I'm surprised more car guys don't like it, definitely a sleeper-ish look that doesn't bore you to death.

T.Man

Established Member
Am i the only one that expected the SS to run harder? Im thinking it should be around 118-120 mph car. Is the 5.0 just that fast with those mods?

I think 114-115 is more realistic for both cars. The SS is 3900lb+

I personally think the SS is a great looking car. Came across one the other day and thought it looked perfect. Then again, I drive a 4 door rental car. :)

Last edited:

Troponin

Established Member
The SS is an LS2, right? Unless they changed it in the last couple years.

This is the first one I have ever seen run modded like this. Was impressed. The stock ones are decent, but nothing to write home about.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I think 114-115 is more realistic for both cars. The SS is 3900lb+

Thats right around what I expected the 5.0 to be.

114 is weak for a cam only SS. G8 GT's let alone GXP's (ls3) run stronger than that. Hell my 4300lb cam only charger trapped 118. Baby cam at that (218/224).

I just cant see that SS being that weak. Gotta be a stronger than average 5.0 id assume.

Users who are viewing this thread