Chester Linkin Park Lead Singer Dead

Zemedici

Established Member
Apparently he was great friends with Chris Cornell, and today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday.

I just dont understand how these stars with any sort of therapy access you could imagine still commit suicide. All he had to do was talk to someone....he leaves behind SIX children.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Wasn't expecting this either. Wow. They were an awesome live band. I was planning on seeing them again next month. RIP.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IN THE MUSIC WORLD?!?!

It's said to see yet another musician from my teen years take his own life. I grew up listening to Linkin Park, specifically Hybrid Theory which was a great album. RIP Chester..

01yellercobra

Established Member
My favorite band. We were going to see them in October. This sucks.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Damnit, another great one taken from us too early.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Apparently he was great friends with Chris Cornell, and today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday.

I just dont understand how these stars with any sort of therapy access you could imagine still commit suicide. All he had to do was talk to someone....he leaves behind SIX children.

i guess he'd rather be with his buddy Chris than his six kids. smh.

i was a fan when they first came out. kind of lost track of them. sorry to see this happen but i feel more sorry for the kids who's father decided to ditch them.

Zemedici

Established Member
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IN THE MUSIC WORLD?!?!

It's said to see yet another musician from my teen years take his own life. I grew up listening to Linkin Park, specifically Hybrid Theory which was a great album. RIP Chester..

I would bet musicians have one of the highest suicide rates of any profession, aside from the medical field.

Zemedici

Established Member
i guess he'd rather be with his buddy Chris than his six kids. smh.

i was a fan when they first came out. kind of lost track of them. sorry to see this happen but i feel more sorry for the kids who's father decided to ditch them.

That's one way to look at it.

I see it as he was battling demons so severe that they clouded his judgement, even over his children.

Its a selfish act that's performed with selfless intentions.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

I personally have known people who have committed suicide and honestly, I used to think that way, why not get help? But growing up I started to see its an actual sickness to some and therapy isnt enough at times. He said he was molested as a kid by an adult and looks like it finally caught up to him where he felt he had no other choice.

Zemedici

Established Member
I personally have known people who have committed suicide and honestly, I used to think that way, why not get help? But growing up I started to see its an actual sickness to some and therapy isnt enough at times. He said he was molested as a kid by an adult and looks like it finally caught up to him where he felt he had no other choice.

I dont understand that part either, to be honest. The state of mental healthcare in this country is deplorable, though. Could definitely use some stepping up.

But the man had access to ANY kind of therapy he could desire, I dont get it.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I dont understand that part either, to be honest. The state of mental healthcare in this country is deplorable, though. Could definitely use some stepping up.

But the man had access to ANY kind of therapy he could desire, I dont get it.
Hard to say, IMO no one know’s someone else’s intentions until you walked in their shoes.

Zemedici

Established Member
Hard to say, IMO no one know’s someone else’s intentions until you walked in their shoes.

exactly, and my father taught me not to talk ill of the dead, as we have NO idea what they were going through. So I tend to give the deceased the benefit of the doubt, instead of just labeling them 'weak' or whatever negative adjective comes to mind, you know? Its still a human being we're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread