Checking Someone's Work.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Those are just a Coyote crank that has been machined down to accept the older oil pumps.

Aware of the additional 9 ci coming from the use of the machined 2011+ Coyote crank. It is also my understanding that the Kellogg-manufactured piece is forged, no?

if so, then my concern lies with the wrist pins, bearings, rod bolts... the easily overlooked things that give a build its fortitude... I think I upgraded the "block side bolts," piston rings, and rod bolts to ARP 2k's...

But thanks again for clearing up that the use of substandard parts was *not* from a vendor on this site. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Aware of the additional 9 ci coming from the use of the machined 2011+ Coyote crank. It is also my understanding that the Kellogg-manufactured piece is forged, no?

if so, then my concern lies with the wrist pins, bearings, rod bolts... the easily overlooked things that give a build its fortitude... I think I upgraded the "block side bolts," piston rings, and rod bolts to ARP 2k's...

But thanks again for clearing up that the use of substandard parts was *not* from a vendor on this site. Much appreciated.

Yes. It is a Forged Kellegg crank.

You would have to see what wrist pins, bearings, and bolts are in it.

The only way to get stronger then the standard ARP 2000 rod bolt is to go to a billet rod with 7/16 rod bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread