Checkin' back in

SVTCobra306

Established Member
OK guys, not really much tech here, sorry, but I'm a former regular here checkin' back in.. in month 13 of a 15 month deployment.

If anyone remembers, I blew up my old 306 in November '06, the car's been motorless since, I have gathered some pieces for the new motor, it's coming together as a 347 and should be in the car before I get back in late March...

'71 block .030 over with ARP studs/probe girdle
Scat forged 3.4" crank, 5.4" H beams, Mahle pistons, 9.2:1
Keith Craft built AFR 185's with Manley valves/comp springs
Ed Curtis custom Camshaft
crane/frpp link bar lifters
Harland Sharp 1.6 7/16 stud rockers
Tom Moss worked lower intake
Still a stock upper for now..

The motor will go together initially with a 150 shot, then a few months down the road I will switch to a fox style TB with either a box or ported GT-40 upper and a Vortech V-2 SQ trim Supercharger, and will switch to E-85 with that setup.

Goals are: 350 HP/ 400 TQ to the ground N/A, 500/550 on juice, prolly a tad under that with the supercharger. I am going with a straight outlet supercharger to leave options open for a possible intercooler setup in the future, stay tuned. Maybe I can make 500/550 or more on 10-12 PSI of intercooled/E-85 boost.

I'm hoping my boosted goals are a bit conservative, I plan on having this combo live longer than my old stock block did. I think my N/A goals will be about right on the money, the cam is really gonna make the combo with the heavily massaged lower intake, it should be a torque monster on the street!!

Users who are viewing this thread