check valve?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I have no idea if this is gonna make sense, but I was reading one one of the many sites I've been linked to about our cars and one mentioned that lightnings have leaky pcv valves...can anyone verify or deny this? Anyway, if this is the case, it was also a problem on SRT-4s and what I, along with many others did to solve this was place an in line check valve between the pcv and the tb to allow gasses through but not back into the crank case. now, I dont even know if the system is setup as it was on that car, like if this even makes sense to do, but many people gained a psi or two of boost after doing this. my question is, after searching with no results, do people do this or something similar?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
haha, ok, so thats also a well known and mandatory mod in the SRT community known as a catch can. This one is the "$20 catch can" since its so cheap to do. Damn, I just threw mine away I had on the SRT...coulda reused it! oh well. how often do these things fill up? also, no where in there did it mention a check valve, does that particular filter act as a check valve?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
check valve = one way pcv. i have one for a mustang on the drivers side cam cover with the breather and also in the cam cover on the pass side then the oil seperator is inline up stream from that

Users who are viewing this thread