Check this Z06vette.com thread out.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
This guy is just full of B.S. I posted one time and asked about the specifics of the race. His post didn't make any sense. There have been several posts over there and almost all the Z06 owners really like the 03 and give it credit. His real intention was to blast 03 Cobras. I also questioned him about his statement that he was tired of reading posts from 03 owners declaring the 03 Cobra will outrun the Z06. I haven't seen a single one and I can bet I read Ford forums more than he does. I doubt the races ever happened. He said he would have posted earlier except he was lazy. You can bet he would have posted the minute he got home. He is also a perfect example that money does not equate to intelligence. His grammar is pretty bad although I don't won't to be called a spelling cop. Everyone makes mistakes but you can tell this post was written in anger. I would have responded to his last post where he finally reported his mods (none) and the length of race against the 03 but out of respect for the other Z06 owners and the way they complimented me on my car I didn't. 8 car lengths from a 10 mph roll to 120. The other dude that is very arrogant in WA something. He posted on my topic showing my dyno pic's that cars that have their power curve peaking at redline are not very good for drag racing and that torque plays no part in a drag race. Here is the link. I wish I had the BS flag to run up the pole.

Here it is,

:xpl: http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17455

Last edited:

Rob03

Established Member
Yeah...he is so full of BS..I would have raised the flag also....Not many 03's have been out 2 weeks to begin with much less a modded one like he is talking about...:rolleyes: ...this guy is in no way believable...I have a lot of respect for the Z06..but not fools like that guy...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Yellow Horse

Established Member
You are sharp Rob. That is another good point. I have only had my 03 for 2 1/2 weeks.

Posted by John 77 repsonding to my question about the race.

"To those who have asked: My 02/Z06 is stock except for a modified air box. I ran the 03 cobra up past 120 mph. in fourth gear, so you could assume the distance a little past the quarter mile. Hope this helps on your analogy of why the Z is faster.

John

P.S. Weight, Aerodynamics, Horsepower and Traction all this = Z06 eating and spiting 03 cobras."

P.S. Yeah right baby. That boy is so full of crap he cound change a six dollar bill with a pair of threes.

Rob03

Established Member
I was thinking with his intelligence he would probably try and pass you two fours...:D Maybe you can go back and point that out, but my guess is it won't matter...he will just say otherwise and it will turn into a pissing contest...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Mowgli

Established Member
8 car lengths.

Yeeah, the Cobra shut it down. Then when the z06 flew by it too k8 car lengths for he idiot to catch on.

verbs

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me either if the Cobra shut down.

I'll tell you what, its pretty easy for a new Cobra to smoke the tires, and for someone who just got his new Cobra, there could have been a lot of driver error involved.

Assuming equal drivers in both cars, I'd say it is safe to say that a bone stock Z06 can beat a bone stock Cobra by 4-5 car lengths. The modified airbox adds at least 10rwhp to the Z06, but the pulley adds way more than that to the Cobra. That being said, the 2 cars that ran should have been say 1-2 cars apart given equal drivers.

Maybe the Cobra driver couldn't launch?? Maybe he was shifting early??? Maybe he missed a shift??? Who knows....

I do agree that 8 cars sounds like a bit much. It's not like it happened once, but it supposedly happened twice. Odds are the Cobra driver didn't **** up twice in a row.

I will say Mowgli, that your 2002 SS will get pulled by at least 8 car lengths in a 1/4 mile if this guy knows how to drive. His car has 50rwhp more, weighs 300lbs less, has better gearing, and way better aerodynamics. I think you'll lose this bet. :(

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I raced a dude a few months ago in my old 01 Cobra. I had left work late at night and pulled into a shopping center. As I was pulling out going right, there was a car pulling out to my left going in my direction. I had to pull into the left turn lane up the road about 300 yards and when I looked back this dude was all over my butt. I said ok we'll see what you got when the light changes. There is a pretty good hill just after you make the turn. The light changes and I get on it a little trying not to break loose in the turn and then punch it and this dude just faded off my ass a few car lengths. I let off just above 80 mph and he goes flying by. I later found out it is a boy that works where I work. I work with about 500 people. A few days later a couple of dudes come up and tell me this boy is going around telling everyone he out run me. They said the boy was telling people he picked up 30 rwhp with the h-pipe he put on his car. He has a 35th Anniversary GT coupe with FMS shortys and a catted h-pipe. See my mods below. I killed this dude. He does a ricer fly-by and he beat me? I didn't ask them by what length but I guess he could have said 8 lengths. He was looking at my 03 the other day and he asked me about my gears. I told him the 03 comes with 3.55's. He said his came from the factory with 3.55's. i told him he was wrong that it had 3.27's. He said no it was 3.55's. I asked him how he knew and he said he could tell by looking at the speedo. This dude is FOS also. Just goes to show how some people can interpret things. See my old sig below. Even if he had 4.10's and 30 rwhp from an h-pipe my 01 would still say bye bye in a drag.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
He said no it was 3.55's. I asked him how he knew and he said he could tell by looking at the speedo. This dude is FOS also. Just goes to show how some people can interpret things.
LMAO :lol: ...ain't that the truth :-D

a94cobra

Established Member
8 car lengths... I wonder what a Z06 driver tells his wife about his manhood? "3 inches, hell this is two feet baby!"

Users who are viewing this thread