check this vid, is it stage dor what?

Smrgol

You don't think an E55 AMG has power? They're a supercharged 5.4L V8 rated at 469 bhp and 516 btq! The peak torque shows up by 2700 rpm. That's a nice, nice motor there.

The MB only weighs a couple of hundred pounds more than the Cobra, so in a stock on stock race it should have been a fairly close race. A modded Cobra like that should have a slight advantage. I think the first run was just the Cobra being driven poorly. In the second run the Cobra was moving past the MB at the top end pretty fast.

Besides, $40k (after mods) with room to grow, versus $76k base price but you'll have to put up your left testicle (or ovary) for any performance improvement at all :). That's enough for me ;).

rb185afm

Established Member
I raced a S600 in my 02 Z28. The S600 is the twin turbo V12 Mercedes. The car was running 12.1's. When the guy put on some drag radials he ran a 11.8. That car was fast. I would think a Cobra driven well with those mods should beat the E55 as the Cobra should be in the 11's and I believe the E55's are running mid 12's stock.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by rb185afm
I raced a S600 in my 02 Z28. The S600 is the twin turbo V12 Mercedes. The car was running 12.1's. When the guy put on some drag radials he ran a 11.8. That car was fast. I would think a Cobra driven well with those mods should beat the E55 as the Cobra should be in the 11's and I believe the E55's are running mid 12's stock.
That was probably treynor you ran. He's a member here under that username.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
OT, but the first tune was by "Disturbed" on the 2nd CD. The first disc was better, usually is, cause its not rushed or butchered by industry.

I have no idea what the main theme was.

wjfawb0

Established Member
The traction control and auto tranny on the Mercedes makes it pretty mean from a dig. Nice car if you can afford it.

-Jason

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Thanks for this post...my boss has one of those S/C Mercedes...I've been egging him on to match race me.
...maybe I should wait until I get my D/R's, I'd never live it down if he beat me. :bash:

tvguy

Damn, VERY nice video!! Is it me or did the Cobra get it's ass handed to it?? LOVE the blower whine though, no matter which car it came from.
pacotaco

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
Just watched a review on the E55 AMG last night on TV... they pulled a 4.3 0-60 and a 12.2 1/4.... Uhm... DAYAM. That thing MOVES.

-- Jaret

Users who are viewing this thread