Here's my favorite picture from the old days. A GT350R #002:

65R.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
There's no trees in San Francisco?!?!
Bruce, You are just behind the times. San Fran is known for something else now days. ;-)

I had a surprise a couple of weekends ago at the Walter Mitty. I was parked next to Tom Yeager (he was driving a Lotus sports racer). He came over a couple of times to comment on my Mustang. He even promised to mail me a few pictures of the early days of T/A (Tom raced the private #31 entry in 1966 along with his co-driver Bob Johnson). They won both the Mid-America race (Missouri) and the VIR race which helped Ford win the manufacturers championship that first year (Jerry Titus won the unofficial driver's title in the #1 Mustang).

Here is another pic of the '65 GT350R with four wheels in the air (Ken Miles @ Texas). Don't try this in your 00R at Gingerman. :poke:

65R2.jpg

Notice the (lack of) safety equipment. It must have been a cool day as they partially had the radiator flow blocked off.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
65R2.jpg

That picture is obviously a photoshop! :D

Actually I do that coming into work almost every morning. If I'm not mistaken thats Evergreen and Plymouth Road in Detroit. Trees......people waiting for the bus.....yep... same place..... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Now, to complete the off-topic:

Classic Motorsports Walter Mitty Challenge

By Bob Harrington
The Group 3b Feature (Group 3 was split because of the large entry) Andre Herke had the lead crossing the start line with Juan Gonzalez “new” ’70 Porsche 914/6 next and then the ’65 Mustang of Doc Jewell. The next time by, it was Gonzalez out front, then James Roberts in his ’66 Lotus Europa converted to 47 specs., followed by Herke. A lap later the Lotus was out in front with the top trio running very close together while they drew away from the pack. On lap five, Herke took second, but on the next and penultimate lap Gonzalez had it back, holding it to the checker.

Mitty06f.jpg

I need to add a pic of my friend Jeff who obviously thinks he can obtain better traction in the green stuff:

Jeff.jpg

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1995COBRA-R said:
I need to add a pic of my friend Jeff who obviously thinks he can obtain better traction the the green stuff:

Well Doc, if you can cut off enough asphalt to make a little grass worth while, you're doing all right? ;-) :lol: :p

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
the transition between the north and south course when running the full course at autobahn.

its like a little flugplatz!

You were never to the right on that one, were you?

Oh, I for the 3/8" NPT, are there any other sizes you need.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
no, but i was going fast enough (or my car is softly sprung enough) to really unload the suspension over that hump.

hrmm...think a 1/2" drill bit would be big enough to accept a -8 bulkhead fitting? im probably going to put the oil cooler in the trunk. also need drill bit for a -6 bulkhead fitting for the diff overflow tank lines.

dig the red full-race pinto in doc's pic

Last edited:

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
no, but i was going fast enough (or my car is softly sprung enough) to really unload the suspension over that hump.

hrmm...think a 1/2" drill bit would be big enough to accept a -8 bulkhead fitting? im probably going to put the oil cooler in the trunk. also need drill bit for a -6 bulkhead fitting for the diff overflow tank lines.

I could measure the dia. of my -8 bulkhead for the overflow. I don't know the dia. of -6 threads. There has to be a table somewhere on the net.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ShelbyGuy said:
It's a fast car. The guy raced a Pantera for many years and had to finally retire it after he hit the wall one too many times. It was also red and had a 351C in it (I bet someone rebuilt the car and sold it as a "concours" street car :D ).

if you can cut off enough asphalt to make a little grass worth while, you're doing all right?
Yea, it's the old saying "the boundaries of the race track are the walls/armco; the grass is part of the track".

I don't think Jeff meant to be there. He looks sideways, coming up the hill after T-10b.

Any Fords fans here? ;-) Here is a 1995 Trans-Am car:

95TA.jpg

Hmm, it looks a little different than my '95 Cobra.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
if you do that enough times, wont the track owner just put asphalt there anyway?

Not if you're at Barber Motorsports. They charge you for using the grass, or anything off track, that is scratched, dented, or run over.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobra R Man said:
Not if you're at Barber Motorsports. They charge you for using the grass, or anything off track, that is scratched, dented, or run over.

Gene:

How much do they charge for Chipmunks and Squirrels? ;-) :lol: :p

Users who are viewing this thread