Check out the new seats in my baby...Pics inside!

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
how much weight did you lose from this? I am thinking of getting black sparcos and a rear seat delte for my car becuase these biatches are heavy!

I think I shaved around 40 pounds total. Each Sparco seat weighed about 36 pounds with brackets and everything added, and the RSD saved about +/-20 pounds. Driver side stock seat weighed around 64 pounds, passenger was around 46. This is the breakdown:

Stock:
46+64+20=130

Aftermarket:
36+36=72

Total:

130-72-20(Removal of rear seat)=38

You can save even more weight by switching to a hard mounted seat (i.e. Pro2000), but you sacrifice adjustability and those nice features such as the ability to recline and have adjustable lumbar support. If you need more information, check out this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243599&highlight=corbeau

Hope this helps,

THC

03cobrarocks

Established Member
so lets say you have these seats (or similar seats) and rear seat delete and take out the back seat seltbelts (supposedly like 15 pounds each becuase of the retractor) took out spare tire and got k memeber how much weight would you loss in total you think? and how much faster would that make you car?

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
so lets say you have these seats (or similar seats) and rear seat delete and take out the back seat seltbelts (supposedly like 15 pounds each becuase of the retractor) took out spare tire and got k memeber how much weight would you loss in total you think? and how much faster would that make you car?

I don't know in exact terms, but I would imagine that you could save a ton of weight. If I would have taken out the retractors, I could have saved an additional 20 pounds (keeping on the safe side that each weighs 10 pounds a piece), in which it totals up to about 60 pounds. I don't know how much weight you save by taking out the spare (plus jack) and swapping for a lighter K member, but I am sure you could easily shave off 100 pounds by doing everything you mentioned. As for the car being faster, the rule of thumb is for every 100 pounds removed you gain .1 in the quarter mile.

Hope this helps,

THC

Users who are viewing this thread