check out suede headliner...

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
well i was thinking to myself i wanted to start doing cheap appearance mods to the truck as go fast mods will come later at the expense of credit cards :) and i saw this a while back in brian McKnights hummer H2 that was done at a local stereo shop. so i went to upholstry shop and they wanted 450 dollars for suede and to install it on the headliner. so a girlfriend of a friend works at a fabric shop so i got hooked up on suede DIRT cheap and installed this myself in 2 hours start to finish. materials were 3M 77 spray adhesive, suede and elbow grease :) anyways here are the pics

suede1.jpg

suede2.jpg

suede3.jpg

suede4.jpg

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
had to get the link after i posted LOL damn people are quick to check out things :)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Personally It's not for me, but I'd have to see it in person. Hey anyhting different is cool in my eyes.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
its hard to tell from the pics, but if you swing by, i could take a look in person and let you know what i think :)

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
jazz you workin tomaro? i gotta go by there anyways and talk to someone about working at the new auto center you guys are opening :)

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
thubigdawg said:
not a bad idea. but id rather spend money elsewhere. pretty cool though. :banana:

35 dollars else where? are you gonna buy a sticker?

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
try and get a pic with the seats in it so we can see how it looks with the suede from the seats in the cab also... i want to change my carpet to black, maybe black carpet and black headliner would set it off...

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
yeah i thought about changing the carpet to black to go with the leather....damn i wish these seats were the same color as the suede thats in the cobras...pretty much the opposite of cobra seats...now that would be hot

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
well i am going to replace the carpet with black and get a set of chickenear floormats in black, i will get a picture from downlow to show the seats and the headliner also tomorrow when its day light but i agree the pictures dont do it justice it really is nice and im really surprised it came out good as im not artistic or creative and usually screw up things like that. ill post new pictures tomorrow morning for all of ya to see. -billy

CCCSVT

Established Member
I think it's cool. Pics are a little fuzzy but it probably matches the seats better than the stock headliner.

Do you make shoes?? :)

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
Maverick Hunter said:
35 dollars else where? are you gonna buy a sticker?

didnt know it was 35 dollars, oh well. i think i would rather have a bad ass sticker that says supercharged running along the sides or something clever. so to answer your smart ass question, YES. that suade doesnt work for me i happy with what it came with. i was actually trying to comment positively about your little swap.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Looks good, i am in the process of getting the materials ready to do the interior of my L, i am going to recver the seats in the dark charcoal suede that you find in the 04 cobra, then i am gonna replace the carpet with black carlet, and turn the bench into buckets. I really think this combo would look awesome in the L cause the dark seats would go woth the dash and the carpet would set everyhting off. what do you guys think

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
thubigdawg said:
didnt know it was 35 dollars, oh well. i think i would rather have a bad ass sticker that says supercharged running along the sides or something clever. so to answer your smart ass question, YES. that suade doesnt work for me i happy with what it came with. i was actually trying to comment positively about your little swap.

i know i was just messin with ya ;-) its all in good fun. if you find a good sticker that says supercharged let me know ive been meaning to but a good one.

P.S. new pics will be up in a few hopefully better quality

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
02JoeGhost said:
Looks good, i am in the process of getting the materials ready to do the interior of my L, i am going to recver the seats in the dark charcoal suede that you find in the 04 cobra, then i am gonna replace the carpet with black carlet, and turn the bench into buckets. I really think this combo would look awesome in the L cause the dark seats would go woth the dash and the carpet would set everyhting off. what do you guys think
That would look bad as shit!!! thats what i want to do( its the way i think it should have came) but redoing the seats i thing would cost too much

Users who are viewing this thread