Check out my time

03kobra

Established Member
I just got my cobra 3 weeks ago. It is my first stick and I suck at driving. On the G-Tech I turned a 13.1@116. What do you guys think? Will I improve? Will track times be better?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I don't know how accurate the G-Tech is, but you will ALWAYS improve with practice, no matter how long you've been doing it:)

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
that sounds reasonable - a g-tech is usually + or - .1 e.t. and 3-4 miles an hour over do to the fact the g-tech clocks ur time exactly at the 1/4 mile and at the track it clocks ur speed 60' before and then at the 1/4 and averages it thats how u get ur speed at the track but ur time sounds close keep practicing ull get it

SStupid

Established Member
Man, I suck.

You're not the only one that needs practice. I suck with shifting this car. The clutch is a little different feeling than I'm used to, and the 2nd-to-3rd shift is hard to get just right.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Nice times, it should be close at the track. With more practice it should go down a decent amount. What all do you have done to your car ?

dun4791

Established Member
You need a Steeda Tri-Ax, You wont believe how much better you will shift. The stocker is a POS and that is not helping you to learn to shift.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
It will all come with time, just don't give up and pratice every chance you get. BTW those are good times first time out.

six speed

Established Member
I think track times will be better I ran the gtech and gtech pro at the track both gtech showed slower than I was. It might be when you shift hard and the car loses boost and fuel I don't know what happends but my car does it and so does a friend of mine. The closes was the new gtech 1.3 off I did cal it right before stagging. I have ran gtechs on my other cars and trucks thay are real close. The car does not all ways dump the boost or fuel just sometimes but when I was at the track it did it all the time only 3-4 gears.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
13.1 is good. I've seen read about some guys bitchin cause they couldn't get below 13.4.

you are on your way... 12, 11, 10....

03kobra

Established Member
mods: bassani x, magna flow cat back, dc cai, triax shifter

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The shifter/transmission is the biggest drawback I've come across with this car. It just doesn't seem to be up to the rest of the machinery. It may be sturdy enough, but it's hell on shifting with confidence. Or at least mine is. I have a short throw shifter with MGW handle. I may still need to adjust the handle some, but it's still missing shifts where it shouldn't(IMO). Time and practice will tell:).

Users who are viewing this thread