check engine light

eddy z

Established Member
well after 6 mths of having the bassani x pipe and cat back set up, and pro m 95mm maf. the engine check light went on finally.. the first time the light went on, i disconnected the bat to reset all.. that lasted 3 mths, as it went on again yesterday.. i do not have a chip or mil's installed.. my question is, has anyone have there light tripped on??

I did notice, since the weather has become cooler outside, the light was tripped on. during the warm months, no issues.. The 02 sensors are funcitional, and not damaged..

I guess the only soulution is to get a chip, or mil's, or keep resetting the computer..

any other ideas?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Have the code scanned so you know what is triggering the check engine light. It could be something else failing, so better to know what it is before it does any damage.

Mike

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
I would recommend you buy the MILs. I'm running the Bassani X with them. However, you need to pull the code. If it's a front 02 sensor that is "slow to respond"....just swap the left for the right....fixed my problem. Seems to be a common problem with the Bassani.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Is it an Off-road X pipe or catted X? No need for MIL's with a catted X ... otherwise yeah you need MILs!

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
Is it an Off-road X pipe or catted X? No need for MIL's with a catted X ... otherwise yeah you need MILs!
You need to run the MILs with the catted Bassani X.

<---speaking from experience....

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I think Bank 2 Sensor 2 is what folks are seeing right?

Freaking code just came back for me but not sure if its the front passenger side or not..... :shrug: If its the rear 02 .... i really dont care.

Any idea on what ( Sensor 2 ) <<< is located at?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
mike - that is not correct. Some of the bassani xpipe's with cats will still make the SES light come on. Eddy z - all you need are the MIL's. I had to do the exact same thing.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
A few people told me I wouldn't need MIL's. I'll keep that in mind ... I'll be sure to CHIP when I X-pipe! :) thanks

Mike

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
Have the code scanned so you know what is triggering the check engine light. It could be something else failing, so better to know what it is before it does any damage.

Mike

I agree with Mike. It may not even be anything related to the exhaust. I don't really think it will hurt anything though. The worst you can expect would be poor fuel economy or performance.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
why not just get the MIL's? There is no reason to overreact. Keep it simple, start small and go from there. There is no reason to search for a huge hidden problem when its probably just the exhaust.

Cobra'03

Established Member
My guess is that the reason you are seeing more frequency of CEL in the cooler temps is because the engine is running richer longer than in the summer.

eddy z

Established Member
thank you guys for your feddback and help... looks like i will be ordering the MIL's. The best is the light went off today... weird..

Cobra 03's input falls inline since the light went off today.. Hmm..

FYI-- i do have catted x pipe...

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I've owner 2 Bassani x/pipes with cats. One in my 01 and one on the 03. In both instances the CE light came on. Mil eliminators are your answers! And it did seem to go on and off by itself. Weird!

Users who are viewing this thread