Check engine Light

venom50

Established Member
My truck keeps putting out these codes.Anyone know why?P0171,P0174.All my tuner says is Sytem too lean bank one and bank two.Can anyone help me .IS my fuel pump going out?Other then that my truck runs fine.No loss in power.My truck is mostly stock.except for a tuner an a CAI.Im @53,000.I havent given it A TUNE-UP since i bought it new.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
have ya changed your Fuel Filter at all? If not that would be the first thing I changed....

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
im having the same damn problem i ripped out all my vac lines and but them back still didnt fix anything

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Possibly the PCV line in the back of the lower intake.

DSCN4082.jpg

Spray short burst of Brake Clean down behind the S/C by the firewall and see if your idle goes up. Spray, wait 10 seconds, spray wait 10 seconds. If the idle goes up there is a vac leak.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
wont break cleaner erode the rubber fiting and the plastic back there witch will in turn make a vacum leak?

opie99

Established Member
what about the o2 sensors, i think that could possibly cause it to throw those codes because that helps with the air fuel mixture

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
It would very out of the norm for both O2 sensors to read full lean at the same time unless there is a vac leak present. MAF sensors can cause these codes but most of the time it's just a vac leak. The PCV line is the main component that causes the majority of P0171 & P0174 codes.

No, small amounts of brake clean will not affect the rubber. You are just introducing a combustible vapor to the area of the Vac leak. If there is a hole in the line it will suck the vapor in and raise the fuel mixture causing the idle to go up. Just small bursts is all that you need. Spray for one second and wait for ten seconds for the idle to settle and for the vapors to evaporate.

Rook

Established Member
you havent unplug your map sensor. its on the bracket by your boost bypass. when i did away with all my vaccum lines I unplugged it. i had them codes come up but also a low map input code. put the map sensor back on and was fine.

venom50

Established Member
no i havent unplugged the map sensor.I also am checking for leaks and will spray the back of the SC .With brake cleaner for surges.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Uh, your fuel filter should be changed every 6-8k miles if I'm not mistaken. A year ago means you should get right on that fuel filter change....

flsvt

pullin away
Established Member
had the same codes on a friends L ended up behing the vacuum line on the lower intake the rubber fitting broke causing the vacuum leak.spray brrake cleaner behing the supercharger.if the idle picks up then you know you have a vacuum leak back there.

SVT Knight

Established Member
my truck is running too rich in bank 1 and 2. Im hoping a programmer can fix it. What do u guys think

venom50

Established Member
well i sprayed the back of the SC with brake cleaner.And nothing no change in idle or antthing.The truck runs fine and i just cant find out what the heck is wrong.I guess ill live with the dam light for now:cuss:.thanx guys--danny

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
sorry, I have not posted in a long time,but maybe I can help some. A P0171 P0174 means you have a gross vacuum leak after the maf and before the cylinder heads some where most likely. I would inspect like recommended earlier the rear PCV hose at the rear intake, it will not always show up as high idle when sprayed with carb cleaner. I most often have to monitor a graph of my 02 sensors to detect the change in fuel trims when spraying the suspected area, which requires a scan tool. Anything from a loose oil cap to a vacuum leak or even aftermarket air intake systems can cause these codes. make sure all hoses are secure. I hvae seen intake and blower gaskets cause a leak too.. good luck. If you were in Houston Texas area, I could lend a hand.

Users who are viewing this thread