Check engine light

kwiksnake

Established Member
I have had aftermarket exhaust on my car for about 7000 miles now and my check engine light keeps coming on. I have a Bassani x with cats, would this still set the light off? I figured the cats wouldn't make a difference. Resetting the light by unplugging the battery only lasts for a few miles, then its back on again. Ford won't touch it becuase of the aftermarket exhaust. Anyone have any suggestion?

SNK BITN

Established Member
You probably just have bad O2 sensors. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Shouldn't hurt you performance at all.

Low151

Established Member
location of the O2 sensor

My engine light recently came on in my 97. It has 35K miles and I feel that it may also be my 02 sensor. Just wondering where exactly it is. Also what is best to replace it with. Is this something that I need to get from Ford or will any part store part do? Thanks for the help. Logan

cbrown9064

Established Member
Read the codes...you can go to a Autozone or the like and see. I was getting one about every month last year " o2 sensor slow to respond". Does not necessarily mean the sensor is bad.

If you have an android phone or tablet you can get the Torque Pro app and a Bluetooth odbii dongle for less than $40.

Here is the dongle. http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-diagnostics-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426538234&sr=8-1&keywords=Bluetooth+odbii

With the Torque Pro app you can read codes and monitor pids.

bumsoil

Established Member
you need to read the codes to find the problem. guessing is kinda pointless when you have a computer that's telling you whats wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread