Check Engine Light (Misfires)

662HP

Established Member
So... I was cruising along at 45MPH enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend on some winding roads when I noticed my CEL pop on. I took it home and read the codes and this is what I found:
P0300
P0302
P0308
P0300
P0302
P0308

I took it to a Ford dealer this morning and after waiting 2.5 hours. The tech came back and told the clerk that he just had to "Reset the misfire parameters."
Does this sound like bullsh*t to you guys?

662HP

Established Member
Which part are you pointing me towards?
This line: "Misfire monitor neutral profile correction has not been relearned since the last mechanical repair" ?

I haven't had any mechanical repairs. The car is completely stock.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds a little odd, has car been sitting for awhile? You may have just had a bad tank of gas and it made the knock sensors go crazy.

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
Sounds a little odd, has car been sitting for awhile? You may have just had a bad tank of gas and it made the knock sensors go crazy.

If the tank was not completely full and sat for a while, water could have condensed and caused it to miss a bit as the water came through.

Go to the drugstore and get a quart bottle of 91% Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and pour in the gas tank--that will getter the water. Be sure it is the 91% kind and NOT the 70% kind. IPA is the same stuff in HEET.

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Established Member
Since you noticed the light and didn't say anything about a hard misfire or running rough. A Misfire monitor neutral profile correction would be preformed to rule out anything else and car would have to be driven more to duplicate issue. Old gas,sitting, and moisture around coils could throw random misfires or specific misfires.

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is a TSB for the 5.0's but it may apply to your situation if your car didn't exhibit any driving problems.

View attachment tsb13-06-15.pdf

This applies in either situation.
Using IDS, clear DTCs and perform Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction.

Last edited:

BigBlueOval

Established Member
Since you noticed the light and didn't say anything about a hard misfire or running rough. A Misfire monitor neutral profile correction would be preformed to rule out anything else and car would have to be driven more to duplicate issue. Old gas,sitting, and moisture around coils could throw random misfires or specific misfires.

This

railroad

Established Member
I would ask the dealer to check the plugs, letting you look at them. Make sure no vacuum lines are off or eaten into by a rodent.
Hopefully a fresh tank of gas will not throw any more miss codes.

662HP

Established Member
The car has definitely not been sitting in even the most remote sense of the term.
I guess this is an excuse to drive the piss out of it for a few days.

There were no noticeable driving issues when the light came on.

Users who are viewing this thread