Check engine light just came on.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Last weekend my check engine light came on for the first time since ive owned the car. So i went to auto zone to get someone to scan it and read what kind of codes it was saying. It says "Code P2270 indicates the bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensor did not switch from ?lean? to ?rich? for a predetermined period of time during self test."

The only thing i can think of, and im a little bit nervous about it, is that the guy i bought the car from came by about 6 months ago and took the sct tune off of it so he could sell the unmarried handheld tuner. He was very convincing and told me that the factory ECU would eventually learn that my car has a 2.76 pulley and a CAI. Apparently it didn't learn and basically i think it is running too lean.

Any help or advise on this would be appreciated. Do you guys think ill be alright or do i need to buy a handheld tuner and get it tuned. If so what kind do you recommend? Thanks!

IMG_20160423_174134_984_zpsed216vuk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Quick Strike

Established Member
You need a tune for anything but a stock pulley. I think you got bent over on this one. Stay out of boost until you have a tune.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What has been done on exhaust?

Lack of switch can just happen..or come and go..

You can disconnect battery to clear code and see how long it takes to come back on..

here is something to think about...

I had changed tstat to 170deg..when I reset fan settings I started getting po402 and front o2 lack of switch.

Its been going on for a couple months...

I just went back to a different fan setting and now I havent seen codes at all.

I dont have cats or a mil..

I had gotten an unmarried tuner on ebay for 100 bucks

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
According to the guy i bought the car from, it has Bassani offroad x-pipe/no catalytic converter, and Bassani cat back exhaust. Im not too concerned about a bad Cat or something in the exhaust, i just dont want my car to be running too lean and severely damaged it.

funmoneypit

Established Member
That guy just basically stole $400 to up to $1000 from you. Now you need a tuner and a new tune. You bought the car with a tune on it and he came and "stole" it.

To answer your question about a tune; your Eaton is now turning faster so more air is going in. When you have more air, you need more fuel. The stock ECU can't compensate for that much more air so you are running lean when in boost.

You need a new tune. Don't get into boost until you get it tuned.

I would be paying that guy a visit too!

Rambro

Established Member
What a scumbag the previous owner is. Now you are going to have to get a new handheld and tune.

Users who are viewing this thread