check engine light help...Code PO358

PKWhiteKnight

Established Member
OK a while back my wiring harness shorted out and the back driver side coil on plug caught fire...

the engine is an 02 4.6 SOHC
i posted here cause i know you guys know your stuff and other boards are taking long to get back to me with any help or stuf

well i changed out all the spark plugs as well as buying a new engine wiring harness and a new coil on plug for that last rear cylinder.

anyways the car was running great but all of a sudden got a CE light. i went to autozone and this one code popped up
PO358 with is an ignition coil primary and secondary was all it said on the guys little computer

what exactly is the problem or any more info on what the code means.

anybody know of any solutions to my problem?

Thanks,
Paul

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
maybe get a new coil for the cylinder that is busted? you have one coil per cylinder or plug so its different than ours but i guess thats what i would try.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
My obd II book says p0358-Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction. Since H is the 8th letter of the alphabet I would guess your coil for the #8 cylinder is dead and needs to be replaced (the same one that was affected last time). Try swapping the #7 and #8 cylinder coils and see if the code changes. If it changes to p0357 then it is your coil. If it doesn't change it is in the wiring. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread