Check engine light flashing .. cylinder number 8?

MrJimi

Established Member
Purchased car used and have no idea what pre owner had on car as far as tuning. It had JLT intake and magna flow exhaust & 3:73..

I have installed , boss manifold , cat delete , x-pipe and sct with lund tune.
Every once in a while during a pull i had a flashing check engine light and power felt like it was restricted. Now i have had a trans issue M6 and was in ford for transmission and replaced the clutch(boss) as well. They did pull the codes and it had a random misfire code stored. He performed a crank relearn. Car has felt great after.. I haven't driven it as hard since clutch. I know after a couple passes i would shove clutch in and it has shut off before. I have never noticed any smoke coming from pipes.

I have search and trying to find symptoms of a failing number 8 .. I haven't found any kind of guide or what to exactly look for.

Any info would help..

draxxus131

Established Member
IT IS SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE A #8 ISSUE! The only way to truly tell is by ripping open the block. Usually random misfire codes are attributed to a faulty crank sensor, in which case a O-ring needs to be replaced on the crank sensor. There is a known TSB floating around fully relating to this, and it basically sounds just like it. The last 2 ppl that went in to have a clutch job done, had this same issue quite similar to yours. All that was needed was to have the crank sensor removed and a "NEWER" O-ring installed, then crank sensor re-installed. They did a crank re-learn and all was nicely said and done. No problems after.

scott_0

Established Member
pull the plugs and see what they look like, specifically the #8 plug, and a compression check on all cylinders. lol it's not necessary to tear your motor apart to verify

Users who are viewing this thread