Check Engine Light coming on

Black_Sunshine

Established Member
Hey fellas. about 1 month after i put on a hi-flow Mac h-pipe, my check engine light comes on and stays on. my guess is that it is because of the h-pipe, but shouldn't the light have come on earlier than 1 month. the car only had 11k on it when the light came on. what is your guess? if it is b/c of the h-pipe, i have heard of something you can order for the 5.0 that will over ride the light. is the something like that for the cobra? and where can i order it from?

thanks guys...BS

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I think you should find out what code thef computer is spitting out and then go from there.

If it's related to the rear O2's then get the Mil Eliminators to take care of the problem. They can be had from dallas mustang.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
After i put on my x pipe it took about 500 miles to trip the o2 on my car. mil eliminators will take care of that. they are only like 60 bucks. True a chip will take care of it too but they are alot more to get them custom tuned for that. Also if you want or if the check engine light bugs you that much you can disconnect the battery and it will go off for awhile again, but no where close to the 500 miles.
best be is to go with the mils. cheap and very easy to install.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread