Check Charging System?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
On my 06 GT, every so often I am getting the message "Check Charging System" and the battery light comes on. It only comes on for 15-45 seconds, happens randomly, and after I've driven for a few miles. It only happens once during a drive. It used to be every few drives, not it's almost once a drive.

The only mods I have are in my sig: C&L intake, custom Predator tune, Steeda underdrive pulleys, and an Optima yellow-top. I have no upgraded lighting or audio system, so no extra electrical drain. I don't drive this car at night too much, so I haven't seen it happen with the lights on. The car starts fine, and isn't hard to start at all. It gets driven every day for about 20-25 miles, but sometimes doesn't move on the weekends.

Any ideas of what this could be caused by? The pulleys don't change the alternator pulley, just the crank & water pump. Could the battery be the issue? Or could the alternator just be crapping out? Thanks for any help!

redrockett

Established Member
I have a 2007 Shelby and with 8k miles mine came on and said that one day. I put a new yellow top in it but it ended up being the alternator. Hope you get it figured out. I had a mechanic tell me it was probably from not driving it enough.

Users who are viewing this thread