cheapest way to ship wheels + tires?

blinelaxd27

Established Member
Hey guys,

What is the cheapest way for me to ship 18" wheels and tires mounted together from boston to Michigan? who does it for the least amount of money and how should I measure dimensions when I am entering them online?

Zemedici

Established Member
Greyhound.

Greyhound or swing by a local tire store and see if you can snag some boxes they've ordered wheels in.

I shipped my stock 2015 19s, and it was like $75 or so to ship them halfway across the US, as it was just a 'package' at that point

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Greyhound or swing by a local tire store and see if you can snag some boxes they've ordered wheels in.

I shipped my stock 2015 19s, and it was like $75 or so to ship them halfway across the US, as it was just a 'package' at that point

I had a guy ship me an 01 Cobra bumper from Seattle to Little Rock for like $240 shipped, he was asking $200 for the bumper. This was years ago, I may still have the pm's. Greyhound got it here fairly quickly too! This is how I found out greyhound shipped packages.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Don't book through Greyhound though...go to busfreight.com, they're a third party that bids to Greyhound and uses their buses, and it's cheaper.

I shipped my wheels and tires from Charlotte to Houston for 100 and some change...this was 220# worth of wheels and tires.

Blown 89

Established Member
I ship things like that LTL through YRC.com or any small freight company. If not busfreight.com works too.

oldmodman

Established Member
Does your area have a site that allows you to connect with truck drivers headed to the city you want to ship to?

I used a truck driver to send some junk parts to New Mexico and the drive agreed to put them in his nearly full truck and meet the person that needed them at the place he was making the big delivery. Many drivers will do this since it generates unreported cash.

I found the guy that hauled for me on Craigslist. I wasn't worried about the parts not getting there since they had no value. But the driver was completely reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread