cheapest and easiest way to reduce wheelhop?

snkebit

ITS A COBRA not a stang
Established Member
Hey everyone I was wondering what the easiest and cheapest way to reduce wheelhop in our new edge cobras is? ive got almost everything done performance wise for now except for a tune and wanted to get the power to ground consistently.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Cheapest and easiest way by far is. Tires, tires, and tires.

While I agree with one of the easiest....I sure wouldn't say the "cheapest" mod. I'm not even running the BFGs, but for a 295 rear I shell out $500 (roughly) for back tires.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
As a note to the tires theory. You need sticky tires with a soft sidewall. I run pretty grippy tires but with a stiff sidewall for autocross and it hops even with all my suspension mods.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Ok ill say it............

SRA! :burn: I havent had any hop with mine, even when i had stock gt ca's and shocks. :shrug:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

SRA! :burn: I havent had any hop with mine, even when i had stock gt ca's and shocks. :shrug:

and there you have it...if you can find someone that wants to swap it can be free or you can make a few bucks

now that i've said that...anyone wanna trade near the Tampa area? lol

01BlueCobraVert

Established Member
what tires do you have? thats prob why you hop is shitty tires

Like Ozz said I have Nitto 275/40/R17 555R's. I had some 245 goodyears on it before and it was just as bad. You can actually see how my body is flexing. My passenger side rear deck lid is somehow hitting the top of my bumper and wearing away at the paint. :eek: You can even see it on the taillight. Would a shock tower brace do anything for this? Is subframes a legit cure for this? I am at a loss (especially in my bank account after all these useless mods)

My car never spins, it just hops. Ozz was in my car and he can attest for how bad it is. Makes me not want to ever drive the car... :fm:

Red3

Established Member
well, my question was directed more to the op than to you. i have no idea why you are hopping as bad as you say you are. in your sig it doesnt say that you have subframes. i HIGHLY reccomend you get some. They were the first thing i did to mine and it was night and day. should always be the first mod to a vert car. they will def help with the flexing you are talking about. not sure about ending the hop tho.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Are you a coupe or vert? Look at my mods in sig.... I still have the worst wheel hop. Subframes are my next mod.

You still have wheel hop after installing Bruce's full kit? Do you have an '03/'04 front diff brace too? I put one on and it reduced my wheelhop, but it's still there. I was looking into Bruce's kit next.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member

and there you have it...if you can find someone that wants to swap it can be free or you can make a few bucks

now that i've said that...anyone wanna trade near the Tampa area? lol

What these guys said! Zero wheel hop here and all I had to pay for was front springs and a catback.

Users who are viewing this thread