Cheaper Option for Steering Wheel?

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
I see the FR500 Wheel is now $240.. :nonono:

I would much rather go to a junk yard and put on a plastic wheel for any ford out there. Unless anyone has any ideas they tried out instead of a walmart wheel cover.

Is there any other options out there to just replace the wheel or our we stuck with buying the FR500?

101blur

Established Member
+1 on the ebay.... otherwise I had a fr500 wheel sold it and went with this.. so much nicer to hold on to its not even funny.. but you lose the bag ...
momo.jpg

SLOWNED

Established Member
If you're willing to shell out the cash, the FR500 is VERY worth it. It matches the stock interior PERFECTLY and the wheel feels much nicer.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
gotta watch those ebay ones; I've been burned more than once by classifieds ads where it was claimed to be a mustang one and then when i received it, the part number was for a Thunderbird. I won one auction for a brand new in the box black leather wheel-------that turned out to be the wheel for an Explorer. I got my money back in both cases but be aware that Mustang steering wheels for the 94-98 cars will contain F4ZZ, F5ZZ, F6ZZ or F7ZZ as the first four digits of the part number. Anything else is the wrong year so that the black won't match up or if its not ZZ then its not for a Mustang.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
what color do you need? 5.0 resto is starting to reman. the saddle ones, i just need the spare cash to get one

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
fr500.. i dont think it cost my step dad 240 when he bought it..

got it from CJponyparts.com

even with the tan interior its looks good minus the airbag has the tan cover lol..

feels SOOOOO nice compared to the stocker.. its well worth it

Riskeman

Established Member
I had great results from using a leather repair kit from magic mender. I used their crack repair paste to repair the worn through areas then sanded it down. The leather dye they sell is color coded to your interior color and the kit I bought for saddle matched perfectly. My steering wheel that looked horrible now looks brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread