Cheap street tires + First ever 1/4 = :(

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
First time ever at a track:banana:
Lots of fun, but weird looking time slips.....

No traction what-so-ever

7 passes - 60' @ 2.5xx - 2.7xx
Best 1/4 - 13.04 @ 111mph
Best Trap - 13.17 @ 116mph

Oh well..... all summer to practice, and better tires very very soon

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
ViciousJay said:
donate blood and semen :lol1:

id have the money by high noon if it were me :lol1:

I don't know why, but the market value for my semen has dropped off significantly since the vasectemy:shrug:

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Snakebite2k3 said:
stock goodyears?
Wait, let me get my Flame Suit on.........

OK....

Shredded the BFG D/Rs.... so had to make an emergency tire order......
Sumitomo 275/40 R17

ViciousJay

Established Member
its ok.... its a hard compound... did you lower the tire pressure? slip the clutch? anything?

sikklightning04

sikklightning04
Established Member
you trap speed was pretty decent. You should have ran a faster ET though. For the amount of RWHP you could do much better. But low 13's isnt slow by any means.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
dougwg said:
should see 11's....

I know....
Need practice....
Better tires....

I did not lower the tire preasure, didn't think the Sumitomos would hold up to that very well. (And they will de my 'winter tires' once I get the Nittos)

Did slip the clutch.

And I know it's me not the car. This was litterally my first time ever on a track, and It is just going to take some practice:shrug:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You'll be fine Yellow2003........My first 60' time was 2.76 seconds and that was WITH drag radials. It takes some time to figure out how to launch these monsters and to be honest, there's not that many that can really do it well. Between your 60' and shifting, you're probably leaving 1.5 seconds on the table and you're going to have fun this summer whittling that time down with every pass.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
IronTerp said:
You'll be fine Yellow2003........My first 60' time was 2.76 seconds and that was WITH drag radials. It takes some time to figure out how to launch these monsters and to be honest, there's not that many that can really do it well. Between your 60' and shifting, you're probably leaving 1.5 seconds on the table and you're going to have fun this summer whittling that time down with every pass.
Thanks....:beer:
Just a little embarrasing is all, Didn't even want to post the times;-) but I figured what the hell.... when it gets better then y'all will know where I started from....

MountainDew said:
^^easily.

I've gone 12.7 @ 113 with only an intake. Took me 6 weeks of practice, but still.

Trust me, I heard it all at the track.... Including the guy who bought one new on a thursday, drove straight to the track from the dealer, and ran a 12.97....

Oh well, my goal is pretty lofty (a vert in the 10's) So I'll just have to learn....

Users who are viewing this thread