Cheap LCD TV???

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Well I just bought my first 40" LCD 1080p tv and love it. So my dad wants one for Christmas after seeing it. I was thinking of getting a 32" 720p for his bed room. Anyone have any good suggestions??? I'm looking for something on the cheaper side since I just moved out and i'm broke myself haha.

westtx47

Established Member
Vizio. I know its from Wal-mart and all but my roommate has had one since they've come out and had absolutely no issues. The picture isn't the best, but good for typical tv dvd watching.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I too am in the market for a 32-37" tv for the bedroom.,.,but what's with all the diff contrast ratios and resolutions 1724 x 1094, or 1021 x 785.,,.:shrug:

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
If you get a Vizio make sure you purchase the extender warranty. I bought a 37" lcd for our spare bedroom. The TV was used for probably about 25-30 hours over the course of a year. The tv broke approximately 3 weeks past the 1 year manufacturer warranty. I contacted Vizio and must have spoken with 6 different people, all of whom were miserable and refused to do anything. Apparently the main circuit board went bad(a common problem I've recently learned). It would cost about $300-400 to have fixed.

Now I have an $800 paperweight(that's what it cost last year, now I think they are around $600).

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I would stay away from Vizio Ive heard they have quite a few problems. I bought a 32in RCA LCD 720p from Wal-Mart for $478 and I love it. My xbox 360 looks amazing on it.

youngster

Established Member
I just got a 32" Samsung on Black friday it was $500 and i love it. I use it in my dorm room.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Pioneer FTMFW!! I have a 42" plasma and it rocks!!

Haha Pioneer and Cheap dont belong in the same sentence. But Pioneers are f'in sick! Some of the best TV's out! I've got the Samsung 50A550 plasma and its so sexy!:rockon: Anyways, stay away from Vizio...they have some of the worst return/defect rates of any manufactor. If your looking for something cheap then check out Insignia...there just rebadged LG's and other brands that are significantly cheaper than normal. Good bargain buy. Also, Go 37"+ or you'll regret it!

PS- For god's sake please dont let someone tell you you need to buy a monster cable HDMI for $90+!!! Go to HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! and you'll pick up the same thing for $3 roughly! Good luck man:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread