CHE vs BMR relo brackets

Clipboard

Established Member
A few weeks ago i attempted to install the CHE brackets. When i bought them it was my understanding they were a "bolt-in" application. Turned out that, because of manufacturing variables, there could be some needed enlarging of the bolt holes. which resulted in this kind of mayhem

IMG_20140113_145116_132.jpg

That is the driver side that bent because of my screw up from alot of frustration!
this is the passenger side that i was able to get on with a few hours of grinding and testing. (i was scared to grind out to much that why it took me so long)

IMG_20140113_145127_555.jpg

after all this i said screw it and ordered some BMR relocation brackets because from what i read they are a "true bolt in" design.
Recieved them yesterday along with some LCA's and a panhard bar. WENT IN LIKE A CHARM JUST LIKE IT SHOULD i think anyways.

IMG_20140113_145048_623.jpg

Alot of people run the CHE's with alot of success..i just think i got a bad set. you can see how beefy both brackets are

Waxxon

Established Member
Also worth noting the CHE's are not "adjustable"; they have only a single LCA mount point compared to the BMR's three.

That said I got a set of the CHE's for Christmas and they look like a great, stout part. Will be attempting the install this weekend. Hopefully without too much grinding.

corruptor

Established Member
I had the same experience. First ordered CHE brackets cause they looked alot beefier/stronger and also had the most ground clearance, but had a hell of a time installing them. I also had to grind the passenger side bolt holes. Then I got paranoid and decided to replace them with Whiteline brackets. They bolted right in.

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
A lot of parts that say bolt on always need a little adjusting. Nothing new been goin on for years. Glad the bmr's worked I'm going to order them myself.

cb900f

Established Member
BMR are fantastic. They even fit with a swaybar relocation for when you want to run 15" rims. (CHE look like they need some grinding) Highly recommend BMR! (And Kelly!)

Users who are viewing this thread