CHE Torque Brace and Limiters installed on my 2013 GT500

TORQJNKY

I posted this on the Shelby Performance page on FB as well.

CHE's website says their Torque Brace and Limiters won't work with American Racing Headers (ARH) long tubes. I bought one before I had my ARH long tubes installed and never got around to installing it. So I asked a couple questions and decided to give it a try this past weekend. This is installed on my car with 2" ARH and Kenne Bell lowering engine mounts. Installed per included directions with no issues other than you have to relocate a wiring harness bracket on the passenger side of the bell housing because the bracket is bolted to where the passenger side limiter attaches. I also cut my oil plug shorter because I've seen others have issues getting the oil plug out because it hits the brace. Thanks Van at Revan Racing for the tips on the wiring harness bracket.

10168158_10203656758114173_2219492846616131630_n.jpg

Limiter clearance on drivers side (about 1/2")

10397822_10203656758354179_1933404082759107497_n.jpg

Wiring harness is the one wrapped in heat shield

10599282_10203656758594185_4616830209669375156_n.jpg

TORQJNKY

How do you like it? Any noticeable change?

I haven't driven my car enough to really see the difference. It does feel a little stiffer in the short drive I took. I didn't notice hardly any increase in NVH. I drove around with the windows up to check see if there was any increase in noise. I'm not sure why you would hear or feel any significant increase in vibration or noise. You've only added two new connection points from the brace to the transmission and both are isolated by rubber bushings. My car is cammed on poly engine lowering mounts, so it vibrates anyway! LOL.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been thinking about getting this same setup, seems like it would be a great mod for drag racing

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually put my CHE torque brace on today, it was a bit of a PITA putting it on, I don't notice a huge difference but I'm sure it helps.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, keep us updated.
I'd think they'd help most on track or power-shifting.
Did you notice any more NVH?
They are on my list of winter mods.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, keep us updated.
I'd think they'd help most on track or power-shifting.
Did you notice any more NVH?
They are on my list of winter mods.
-J

I did notice some more NVH on decell, but nothing to bad.

TORQJNKY

So after driving my car more over the last week or so, I've decided to remove the limiters and just leave the brace on for normal street driving because of the NVH. I'll put the limiters back on when I go to the track. I have Kenne Bell poly lowering mounts which already increased NVH especially with a cammed engine. The torque limiters accentuate it even more. It's not unbearable, but not worth it on the street IMO.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So after driving my car more over the last week or so, I've decided to remove the limiters and just leave the brace on for normal street driving because of the NVH. I'll put the limiters back on when I go to the track. I have Kenne Bell poly lowering mounts which already increased NVH especially with a cammed engine. The torque limiters accentuate it even more. It's not unbearable, but not worth it on the street IMO.

I think I'm with you on that.

TORQJNKY

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool, thanks guys, will add to the list for the track.
The direct mount Magnum XL looks better each day :)
-J

Users who are viewing this thread