CHE kmember brace w/ torque limiters

13DIB5.0

Established Member
has anyone tried tis yet with positive results as far as shifting? thought about giving it a shot, also states for 2011 and up cars kmember modification is required?

draxxus131

Established Member
I bought this and personally installed it, it does work pretty well for what it is entailed to do. For 2011+ Mustang's, yes there is some slight cutting and hammering that needs to be done on both brackets that the original K-brace bolted to. ORRRRR you could just look at the instructions on CHE's website took get a better understanding of what I am talking about.

A little side info on this product; Team Roush doesn't even use this item on any of their race vehicles but..... I doubt they would even have MT-82 trannies installed in their race vehicles still considering the inequality in shifting no matter what.

Waxxon

Established Member
has anyone tried tis yet with positive results as far as shifting? thought about giving it a shot, also states for 2011 and up cars kmember modification is required?

Not to change the topic, but have you considered replacement motor mounts instead? Just installed a set from Steeda and they greatly reduced drivetrain movement and improved shifting. They cleaned up the last bit of "slop" the MGW shifter left on the table.

konabluekiller

Established Member
Konabluekiller had one. Maybe he will chime in.

I did... my problem ended up being the clutch... honestly I would
1. Do steeda motor mounts with the black bushing
2. Get a quality clutch and flywheel because the stock one sucks
3. White line trans mount
4. Jhr clutch line.
5. If your trans has to come apart do the brass shift fork pads and the shift stop.

My car is sold but that exact combo is on a friends car with an MGW shifter and it's the best shifting MT82 I've ever driven. Every gear slips right in without a problem? Even 5th which blew my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread