Chatter on start up

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I'm getting a chatter on start up warm or cold starts and it's not every time it's hit or miss ? The Motor was built a yr ago only thing change on the car were blower cams to turbo cams and blower to turbo I did a compression test driver side (warm) 150 psi all 4 spot on pass side (warm) 125 psi on all 4

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Yea cams were change and soon after this odd sound , I can't get a vid yet my trans is out at the moment

jwood222

Established Member
I had a similar sound and it turned out to be the v-band on the down pipe had a leak, I really thought it was the alternator! It took me a bit to figure it out.

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I had a similar sound and it turned out to be the v-band on the down pipe had a leak, I really thought it was the alternator! It took me a bit to figure it out.

The car will be parked all week and start it the 1at time in 5 days no tap/chatter I can go down the street pull over then start it then it chatters and builds oil psi and goes away it hits or miss ?

04mystickid

Established Member
Tensioner on the timing chain is not fully extending. Goes away once oil pressure builds. Just did my whole timing chain set for the exact same noise at start up. Found out the passenger Side tensioner was stuck

Users who are viewing this thread