Charlotte, NC

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
Hey guys,

I am from Kentucky, but i moved down to Tampa for my job 6 years ago... i now have an opportunity to possibly take a position at a new company in Charlotte so i was hoping some of you can give me some opinions of the area. I do have 2 kids that are 8 and 9 so the school system and activities for them are my highest priority, followed by car fun for me of course.... :banana:

Thanks!

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Charlotte is a nice city to live around. If it were me, I would not live in the city of Charlotte, nor the county of Mecklenburg(which Charlotte is in) due to the higher taxes and car insurance.There are several options to live in, with good school districts. Union County to the south of Charlotte has some good schools, and you are only 10-25 minutes from the outer belt of Charlotte. Some of the towns in Union County are Waxhaw, Weddington, and Wesley Chapel. I don't know much about the surrounding county schools. I lived in Charlotte for 10 years before moving down to the Waxhaw area.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I would suggest Belmont in gaston county its growth has exploded the last couple of years and is only 10min or so for down town Charlotte with easy access to i85 i485 and i77. Take a look lots of new nice neibourhoods here also heck Michael jordan has a house here on the lake here. There is also a new elementry school middle school and high school being built here because of the growth to take pressure off of the schools we already have completeion is supposed to be 2012 I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread