Charlotte Bar and Grill disses disabled Vet after he gets heckled

Ebrunott

Established Member
Thats my friend Garret. It is a complete outrage that people acted like such children. Especially considering I myself am part of the armed forces. I can't believe how low some people can be over a football game.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Another terribly written article...

Title and article should be written to say "Panther's fan talks shit to Cowboys Fan, bar employees avoided escalation by having cowboys fan leave.".

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Public info, pulled from a post on Yelp:

Josh Watts 634 Chipley Ave, Unit 5, Charlotte NC, 28205-7031
704-777-8010
704-875-3625

Anyway, just wondering how people feel about the way the restaurant is taking a shit in the online ratings. As I understand it, the owner (a Navy vet himself) was not present at the time. Had he been there, things supposedly would have happened differently. I personally feel it was his responsibility to ensure there would be someone at the helm who could act accordingly in this situation, but is this really worth trying to tank his establishment (no pun intended)?

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Public info, pulled from a post on Yelp:

Josh Watts 634 Chipley Ave, Unit 5, Charlotte NC, 28205-7031
704-777-8010
704-875-3625

Anyway, just wondering how people feel about the way the restaurant is taking a shit in the online ratings. As I understand it, the owner (a Navy vet himself) was not present at the time. Had he been there, things supposedly would have happened differently. I personally feel it was his responsibility to ensure there would be someone at the helm who could act accordingly in this situation, but is this really worth trying to tank his establishment (no pun intended)?

IMO what the owner should have done is fire the manager (and made it VERY public) for making such a boneheaded call. How could the manager NOT see the giant shit storm that he was creating?. Sure the owner apologized to the Marine and banned "Tank" but the manager is still there.

Should he lose his business? Probably not but this shows the importance of making smart business decisions- in this case hiring the right guy to manage your bar. Ultimately the OWNER is responsible for what happens in the business good or bad.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
The manager is still there? That's some major fail IMO. If the owner wants to wash his establishment of this shit, he needs to at least hold those in charge (at the time of the incident) accountable.

I had originally felt a bit bad for him even though he made the wrong decision in hiring that doofus. I no longer feel bad for him at all, now that you're saying the manager on the premises kept his job. Sure, that's the owner's call, but it just seems like a bad decision IMO. However, it's his restaurant and his loss if it tanks, so that's his prerogative.

Users who are viewing this thread