Charleston, SC - Need some help!!

Mat5.0

Established Member
I'll be moving to Charleston, SC in the next 2 months and looking for some other members and, just as importantly, a good shop! Any performance shops down in SC that people have had good experience with, or found to be the best down there?

Thanks!

JDos1

Established Member
Good luck. I've tried to get quotes from two of the more known shops in the past two weeks. One shop located in Ft Mill SC, the other in Greer SC. Neither have gotten back to me with a price. I can't think of any known shops in the Charleston area off the top of my head. I'm directly south of Charlotte, NC. You should like the Charleston area.

Mat5.0

Established Member
yeah I've lived there before, about 5 years ago.
I'm in the Navy so I've travelled around the east coast a little bit. Will be down there for about 4 years.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Fastlane is 4 hrs north. VMP is 5 hrs south.

Is Macon Moore performance still open in Sumter SC. I use to know Dave back in the day.

Mat5.0

Established Member
Really the only thing I need a shop for is to rebuild my rear end, everything else I have planned for the car in the next few years I'm more than capable of doing myself.

JDos1

Established Member
Dependant on what all your rear needs it may be more logical to just buy a reman unit from the auto parts store for $1250. Rebuild is typically $750-1100 depending on what all it needs. That or used units go for $500 all day on craigslist around the state.

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
Really the only thing I need a shop for is to rebuild my rear end, everything else I have planned for the car in the next few years I'm more than capable of doing myself.

Hey Matt I'm Matt also, I'm in Charleston and have an 01 cobra and my dad works for Ford at a dealership and knows most of the car people on Charleston and I work at a small mechanics shop.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread