Charity Dragon Run the Saturday before Mustang Week

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
For those of you who don't know I am hosting a charity dragon run the saturday before Mustang Week. For many it will be on the way to Mustang Week thus leading to why I chose the date. All the profits go to Juvenille Diabetes Research Foundation. Already got several guys coming off the board. We are expecting around thirty cars. Just wanted to post this up early for those who might be interested in making it part of there Mustang Week experience. For more info on the run check out my site www.aapcarshow.com/dragonrun

Hope to see you all at Mustang Week and at the run:beer:

CWD

Established Member
A very worthy organization. My Company I work for supports JDRF and our Regional Manager was Chairman for 2007. Harris Teeter gives their full support and I have met some of the Children effected and it is tough to see what they go through. Research has come a long way to make their lives a little easier...Their families too!! Good luck with the event! Charles

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
It is indeed. When I first got started last year through Advance Auto Parts with our Charity Car Show I just wanted to help out any charity and really just organize a car show for the locals the way it should be run. But once I got started and got to going door to door for sponsers about every other place you would go in you would either run into someone who had a family member or new someone who had it. We ended up raising 2500 dollars last year at the show. Then last fall my dad was diagnosed with Diabetes. Just seeing how it has effected him and his everyday lifestyle I can't imagine how a kid could go through it. So what started out as something small for me has turned into something I have completly dedicated my time too. This year we are having the car show again, plus the dragon run, and hopefully a cruise in the night of the dragon run if all goes well. Our goal this year is 5,000.

Users who are viewing this thread