Charger SRT8

Status
Not open for further replies.

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Highway kill last Saturday on 635, I left it in 6th, raped him!!! HAHA! from about 65 to 130mph... He THOUGHT he was fast!

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i did the same thing with a guy in an eclipse a couple of summers ago...started at about 60 and then at about 90 i went ahead and stuck it in 4th to let him know i was just screwin' with him lol

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Good kill but please don't be lazy with these cars. If your gonna race, race right!

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Good kill but please don't be lazy with these cars. If your gonna race, race right!

i only do it at the strip now...and you don't have much choice but to do it "right"...there's too many guys around with more money than they know what to do with not to do it right.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well having owned a Whippled Cobra, I can guarantee you if I left it in 6th and tried to run a SRT8 (that was trying) from 65mph I would have been toast. Sorry, but this is a little hard for me to believe. Ive ran a couple SRT8's and if your not ready (in the right gear) they can hold you off for a bit.

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Well having owned a Whippled Cobra, I can guarantee you if I left it in 6th and tried to run a SRT8 (that was trying) from 65mph I would have been toast. Sorry, but this is a little hard for me to believe. Ive ran a couple SRT8's and if your not ready (in the right gear) they can hold you off for a bit.

he was definately trying, once i let off, he did the fly by...

S8ER01Z

Established Member

x2 (not on the owning a cobra thing though, just the other parts)...

6th gear is good for ...... nothing involving acceleration.

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
x2 (not on the owning a cobra thing though, just the other parts)...

6th gear is good for ...... nothing involving acceleration.

Right, I am not an idiot.... I understand what 6th gear is for, it was just fun toying with him while not down shifting.

Everyone's such a critic.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Right, I am not an idiot.... I understand what 6th gear is for, it was just fun toying with him while not down shifting.

Everyone's such a critic.

Sorry...I know I don't own a car making much power... but I can't see even a 800rwhp car pushing 6th gear hard enough to hold off a car as strong as an SRT8... It's very surprising and hard to swallow. Sorry for pissing in your cheerios. :pepper:

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Sorry...I know I don't own a car making much power... but I can't see even a 800rwhp car pushing 6th gear hard enough to hold off a car as strong as an SRT8... It's very surprising and hard to swallow. Sorry for pissing in your cheerios. :pepper:

ROFLMAO

Not sure what happened.... i do know they have 425 at the flywheel.... i have 575 on the ground. And i would think i have 1000-1500# advantage, with the SRT8 being 4 door and BIG.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
If you were in 5th I wouldnt have thought anything of it...do you have the standard .50 6th gear ratio or viper spec?

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
I don't think anything of it anyway. SRT8s are not fast cars, I took one on motor by buslengths shifting at 4000 rpm the other day. I've seen stock LS1s put up better fights, as well as Cobras and Machs for that matter. They are all internet hype thanks to the SRT-mafia, I'm not really sure why people think a 4200 lb. car with ~350 rwhp, piss poor gearing, land yacht frontal area, and DUBS are going to be quick? A 300 rwhp manual Z28 or Mustang will work one of these tanks.

TrickStang37

Established Member
their gearing isnt that bad, its actually geared pretty well for a stock car. they trap 106-108 stock, a 300rwhp Mustang or Z28 would have its hands full with the SRT8's, ESPECIALLY it being automatics.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
their gearing isnt that bad, its actually geared pretty well for a stock car. they trap 106-108 stock, a 300rwhp Mustang or Z28 would have its hands full with the SRT8's, ESPECIALLY it being automatics.

We know....but the Anti-Hemi crew will never admit to that... in fact he is already going to reply back to you with some twist of words and slam them again. :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread