charged with MIC

03CobraDude

Welp, last night I was a dumb ass, and got charged with an MIC. I admit 100% that I was intoxicated, and any officer who wouldn't have charged me with anything would be a shitty cop, so I hold no grudge against the officer and assume full responsibility.

From my friends who have previously been charged with MIC's or MIP's they said that since it was in Manhattan, KS I'll probably have to pay a fine of close to 500 dollars, lose my license for 30 days, and probably go on diversion.

I was just wondering if I could get input from a real LEO that had any knowledge of how things worked in Kansas...

Also, my court date is on March 2, 2010. Do I need a lawyer for this kind of offense? I've got a STRONG hunch that I'm not going to be let off in any way.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Welp, last night I was a dumb ass, and got charged with an MIC. I admit 100% that I was intoxicated, and any officer who wouldn't have charged me with anything would be a shitty cop, so I hold no grudge against the officer and assume full responsibility.

From my friends who have previously been charged with MIC's or MIP's they said that since it was in Manhattan, KS I'll probably have to pay a fine of close to 500 dollars, lose my license for 30 days, and probably go on diversion.

I was just wondering if I could get input from a real LEO that had any knowledge of how things worked in Kansas...

Also, my court date is on March 2, 2010. Do I need a lawyer for this kind of offense? I've got a STRONG hunch that I'm not going to be let off in any way.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks.

It is a criminal charge. Do yourself a favor and get an attorney unless you can speak to the prosecutor and he will guarantee you a diversion program that results in a Nolle Prosse.

03CobraDude

It is a criminal charge. Do yourself a favor and get an attorney unless you can speak to the prosecutor and he will guarantee you a diversion program that results in a Nolle Prosse.

The citation stated that I must appear in court on a certain date. From your last sentence, it's possible for me to just talk with the prosecutor and get diversion instead of actually going to court?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
The citation stated that I must appear in court on a certain date. From your last sentence, it's possible for me to just talk with the prosecutor and get diversion instead of actually going to court?

You MUST go to court. Any diversion program must be accepted on the record. Also remember that you must make sure the diversion program will result in a Nolle Prosse of your case upon completion.

03CobraDude

Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to go to court without a lawyer, and ask for the diversion program myself?

Does the term "Nolle Prosse" mean that the charge will be removed from my record?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to go to court without a lawyer, and ask for the diversion program myself?

Does the term "Nolle Prosse" mean that the charge will be removed from my record?

You can call the Prosecutor's office and ask if you will be offered diversion. If so, you can go yourself and accept the program. Nolle Prosse means that once you complete diversion the case is dismissed and then you can expunge the record.

Users who are viewing this thread