Charge Temps

93VORTECH

Established Member
What's a good range to be in with my Charge Temps? I'm monitoring with Aeroforces and I'm using the (Charge Temp) PID. There are options for (IAT1) and (IAT2) Should I be using one of them instead?? The highest I've seen using (Charge Temp) was 130*. *Ambient Temp was around 80*

Which one is most important to monitor and what's the meanings on all 3 of these PID's? Thanks so much guys

IAT1 =
IAT2 =
CHARGE TEMP =

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
For us the one you want to watch is charge temp. I have the same set up and the highest I've seen with the pump working is 130 degrees. That's in mid 90's weather and stop and go traffic. Usually cruising around it's anywhere from 105 to 115. Like yesterday the highest I saw was 114 and that was after a quick pull to get around traffic.

hotcobra03

Established Member
40 higher?

My pump is out..I see way past 150

But I dont run car hard so I would never tell how it effects car when beating on it. Our speeds are high here..I see 100mph daily with half pedal on way up

01yellercobra

Established Member
When my pump went out I saw 160 and it was probably high 60's that night. I didn't race with my friends as much as I wanted to.

bubblehead93

Established Member
I know IAT (or IAT1) is the temp upstream of the TB, IAT2 is the one after the blower in the intake manifold so it is the one that sees heat soak, the one the I/C is trying to lower. Depending on how you are reading the codes, i.e. what device, I've seen all sort of noun names for IAT2, I've seen it called charge temp, I've seen downstream air temperature... but the PID is IAT2... if you go with IAT2 you can't go wrong, if you choose the charge temperature PID, while I agree it should be the same as IAT2, I would datalog and convince myself that it was the same as IAT2... JMHO...

I datalog with Livewire for ProRacer purposes but have an AeroForce gage that I have scan between IAT, IAT2, Analog 1, Analog 2 (my WBs)... I'll take a look this evening so that I'm talking apples and apples relative to how AeroForce handles the PIDs...

r/
Andy

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
On the areoforces Charge Temp is what you want. Any upgrades to your cooling system? 130 isnt a bad place to be in 90 degree ambient temps.

93VORTECH

Established Member
Thanks so much guys for all your responses

Only upgrade I know of to my cooling system is an AFCO...When I get a chance and the weather cools down a little I wanna do a Coolant system flush and install the 170* thermostat...Any other recommendations would greatly be appreciated. I'm new to these cars. Only had the car about 6-months and changed fluids besides Coolant and Brake Fluid. Car has 47,600 miles

Dave.O

Established Member
box in your radiator and intercooler. fan draw from radiator will also pull some air through intercooler while sitting in traffic. It will also force more air flow through radiator and intercooler while moving

Users who are viewing this thread