Chaning Tunes 93-->110-->93

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
I've never ran the race fuel tune for my beast. In order to do so without messing anything up do I...drive it around until its on E then fill up a few gallons of race fuel and let it idle to work all the 93 out of the fuel lines? How do you know when its finished and ready to drop the hammer?

Then do I do the same thing when I'm filling it back up with 93?

Thanks...

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
We have a recirculating fuel system. It doest take long for the fuel to go through the lines.
You'll need more than a couple of gallons of race fuel. Or when you launch you'll get fuel wash (no fuel being picked up by the pumps.)
I pump my tank dry and then add 12 gallons of race fuel. When I'm finished racing I pump the race fuel out and put the 93 back in.

Here is how I do it.
The fittings, hose and T will cost under $100 so it will pay for itself the first time out. (C16 @ $15 gal. x 12 gal.= $180)
I used a -8 tee w/ -8 90 on my -8 feed line after the filter and before the fuel rails.
ran a section of -8 off the tee to next to the fender.
installed a quick disconnect male end to that section
installed a female quick disconnect to the drain line.
I have a cap that goes on the male end when its not in use to keep it clean, and a foam hose cover so the line doesn't rattle against the fender.
The fitting I used is a NHRA approved fitting and are the only ones capable of handling fuel. It will drain the tank @ 1 to 1.5 gallon a min.
You have to remove the fuel pump relay and install a jump wire then turn on the ignition to drain pumps.
Coupler part Numbers are: aeroquip
FBM3086 / FCM3086 - Male Coupling to Female Pipe
FBM3082 / FCM3082 - Female Coupling to Female Pipe

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
Very neat set up Matt, best looking one I have seen for draining fuel.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Spot on Matt. I'm always looking for really clean setups to do it right the first time. I'll probably do that when I set up my line-lock.

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread