changing vc gaskets

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
how hard is it to change the valve cover gaskets while the engine is still in the car? i have oil on my spark plug threads, and assumed that i need to change the spark plug gromets.. not sure how the driver side cover will come off with the brake m/c and booster in the way.. any help would be grealy appreciated!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
There are lots of threads on this - search "valve cover removal" and start reading.

Your choices on the drivers side are either slide brake booster to the side a bit and hope it's enough room, or remove the drivers side motor mount bolt, loosen the passenger side bolt, and slowly jack the engine on the drivers side to rotate it enough to pull the drivers cover.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
There are lots of threads on this - search "valve cover removal" and start reading.

Your choices on the drivers side are either slide brake booster to the side a bit and hope it's enough room, or remove the drivers side motor mount bolt, loosen the passenger side bolt, and slowly jack the engine on the drivers side to rotate it enough to pull the drivers cover.

thanks man.. i really appreciate it.. i need to change that motor mount anyway.. so i guess its just meant to be :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread