Changing the axle back portion of my catback exhaust

KP_510

Established Member
Just recently took the cats off my 13 GT put a off road H Pipe on along with resonator delete and pypes pype bomb catback system. Its really loud which isn't that much of an issue but the exhaust note sounds pretty bad (imo) almost as if its not flowing as smooth as it shoul. I was wondering if changing out the axle back portion of my catback would solve this issue? Thinking of changing to a Roush or Borla axle back

Vert

Established Member
The roush will sound like a dodge truck on cherry bombs and it will be extremely loud.

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
Not exactly the sound im going for :lol:

Just want it to have a smooth muscle car sound

You definitely should try MBRP Race Catback System
It gives that deep muscle tone
I had it on the stock H & recently installed a Off-road X
Now it sounds even better, It's still deep at low RPM's and get aggressive at higher rpm's
Best deep sounding exhaust system I heard that's different from other systems

Vert

Established Member
I had gt500s with an ORH pipe and it was too quiet so I put the roush muffs on and the sound was blah. I really wish I would of kept the gt500s and deleted the resonators to make it louder with them. I really don't like the sound of the roush muffs.

KP_510

Established Member
You definitely should try MBRP Race Catback System
It gives that deep muscle tone
I had it on the stock H & recently installed a Off-road X
Now it sounds even better, It's still deep at low RPM's and get aggressive at higher rpm's
Best deep sounding exhaust system I heard that's different from other systems

Im gonna look into that! Didnt want to do another full catback but its an option.

I had gt500s with an ORH pipe and it was too quiet so I put the roush muffs on and the sound was blah. I really wish I would of kept the gt500s and deleted the resonators to make it louder with them. I really don't like the sound of the roush muffs.

I have read that the roush mufflers sound better stock so yeah maybe thats not the best idea..

KP_510

Established Member
Just a short video I took to give you guys an idea of what I'm talking about. The sort of knocking sound you can hear in the video is what im not feeling at all..want an exhaust thats not gonna do that. Its mostly around 2k rpm anything higher and i dont really hear it as much

[video=dailymotion;x3zglw2]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3zglw2_img-4193_auto[/video]

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Corsa extremes are almost silent at 2k, but really animated elsewhere.

The RTR magnaflow's aren't bad tone-wise either, but don't seem to ever be in stock.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Get a set of gt500 mufflers or borla tourings to quiet it down and add some tone

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
For the amount of money you will spend on a axle back, MBRP Catback cost the same price if not cheaper
You should definitely look into it
GoodLuck with your build man

Users who are viewing this thread