Changing Shaker 1000 head unit?

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
I've been searching Google for the correct way to swap the Shaker 1000 head unit for an aftermarket. I've already got the head unit I plan to use, but I need the wiring harness. I've seen tons of conflicting info on what to use, so can someone please tell me what the harness is that I need to make the swap as painless as possible?

Thank you!

Travis

Established Member
get a harness from walmart for $7 and solder the wires to the harness that comes with your new head unit.

Travis

Established Member
Should just need a universal ford harness. Take the head unit out, snap a pic of the connector and go to Walmart. Should be one there for ya

Travis

Established Member
Just take lots of pics while you do it. Since the shaker has amps and the speakers aren't driven by the deck, it wires a little different than another car.

SilverGTvert

Established Member
Should just need a universal ford harness. Take the head unit out, snap a pic of the connector and go to Walmart. Should be one there for ya

The issue with your suggestion above is the lack of 5v signal for the factory amps. This will cause the amps to transmitt a "pop" sound the through the speakers.

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
I went ahead and ordered the Metra harness I've seen other people use as well as the Axxess afdi-5v to drop the voltage to 5v. Now, how the hell am I going to wire these things?

The directions say the blue/white wire on the regulator goes to the amp on from the receiver, the blue/red to the amp power on to the metra. How about the extra wire on the Metra? What do I do there? And the ground... do I put the regulator, chassis ground from the radio and the ground on the metra harness all together?

4768_1_.jpg

705521-2.jpg

Last edited:

Travis

Established Member
Ditch the 1000 and go aftermarket? Lol. Idk anymore, I haven't messed with the 1k before, just normal set ups. Good luck

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Just to update this thread - I did the install on Tuesday.

The stereo harness... Speaker wires connect like normal to the Metra harness. Power, ground, and switched power all the same as well. Amp power went to the "in" for the regulator, the regulator ground ties in with the chassis ground, and the single "out" from the regulator ties in with the TWO amp power wires going to the Metra harness.

Hope that helps anyone looking to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread