Changing Out Fuel Filter? Little Help.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Anything I need to do before I pop this thing out? Pressure relief? Just dont want to get sprayed.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Did you pick up the tool you need? As far as relieving the pressure, I just used the schrader valve on the fuel rail to relieve pressure with a screwdriver and towel.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
If you use a fuel pressure meter or an adaptor for the Schrader valve you can vent the fuel in the system to a jar and avoid a gas soaked towel. You can also pull the fuel pump fuse and let the engine idle until it stalls to remove the pressure.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Oh, and even if you relieve the pressure, youre still going to have an armpit full of gas....just accept it :D

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
just take it to a gas station with a lift and pay 20 bucks or less to get it done....
it's a 3 minute job with the right tool and a lift.
Good luck.
Jersey

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Hope you have small arms, I couldn't fit my hand between the diff. and the exhaust, so I had to do the whole job one handed. And even if you do bleed the fuel pressure, you will get an eyeball full of fuel if you don't watch out! Just have that tool and you will be in for a good time!

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
it's a little tool they use to lossen clamps up.
No need to stick your hand in there... yeah, even if you bleed the fuel pressure you'll get some gas on your garage floor.
good luck again.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
cool it finally figured out how it pops it off. I had a hard time getting the damn tool to fit around the smaller tank side of the filter. that little clip was in the way or my tool was too thick. Had to pop it almost all they way on that end to get it on. Damn it dumps gas everywhere. Much better to do it outside than inside garage like I did. :)

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I am interested to see if your problem gets better with the filter change. Don't leave us hangin' after the test drive!!

Users who are viewing this thread