Changing out all fluids, What do you recommend

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
My 93 Cobra has 36,000 miles on it. It spends most of its life covered in my garage. I currently have Mobil 1 in the engine and the rest of the fluids (brake, Power steering and coolant) havent been done in about 6 years or 7,000 miles and its just basic ford spec fluids. What should I be using for a car that spends alot of time sitting?? Royal Purple, BG, Mobil1 etc. which do you recommend?
Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

buddha93

Established Member
As far as the oils in the car, any good ones will work. It's more important to bring the car up to temp and get the oil running throughout the motor to keep it lubed. I don't believe a high dollar oil is going to better then a cheapo when it comes to a car sitting.

The coolant is a bit different though. The stuff can change over time and the fluid in there can get pretty corrosive. It's something to keep an eye on and should be changed. Brake fluid is the other as it gets pretty nasty after a time being, though IMO not as important as the anitfreeze.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I use Royal Purple in all my cars, oil, trans, and rear. Except the R, which I use Mobil 1 motor oil because its what it called for. But for that trans and rear I will also use the Royal Purple.

Last edited:

Ackman70

Established Member
By all means flush the brake fluid. It's the most overlooked fluid in the car. Your garage queen is a brake nightmare waiting to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread