Changing Oil?

DexwarL

Established Member
I am thinking of going from a full synthetic to a blend, it would be the same brand which is valvaline, wanted to know if there was anything special I needed to do other than draining the old oil and putting in the new?

Thanks Guys

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Get a good filter...I prefer Mobil 1 K&N for piece of mind...I use RP in mine and love it...good luck

vr4_007

Established Member
I remember reading when switching over, you want to take a flush route. Probably drop and replace it with the new stuff a couple times within 1K miles. Obviously take it easy for that time.

AlexD13

Cop Magnet
Established Member
is royal purple raelly worth it and does it do wonders for these motors? my friend had a 2v mustang gt and it began knocking and led to a knew motor. they said not to on those motors. just wonderng if all is good to use Royal Purple on these and no issues?

castellscl

Established Member
Yup, read that oil test I posted. RP was the second best next to some Aussie crap. Though I'm sure Amsoil is probably up there to, but wasn't tested.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I used Mobil 1 but next time I am going to try Royal Purple. Either of those 2 you can't go wrong.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
is royal purple raelly worth it and does it do wonders for these motors? my friend had a 2v mustang gt and it began knocking and led to a knew motor. they said not to on those motors. just wonderng if all is good to use Royal Purple on these and no issues?

chances are it wasnt the oil brother.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Dex - Just change it like normal.

Whos is this 'they' you speak of. :smmon: Don't believe everything you hear. I see people blame blown motors & blown trannies on the most recent thing they put in it even though it was on the way out already.

Users who are viewing this thread