changing motors

mach504

Established Member
So u threw a rod in my mach if I was to buy a cobra terminator motor sc what will I have to change on my mach...

Icecold

Established Member
why don't you just forged your motor now then boost it if its 5speed then you already have a forged crank just get rods and pistons etc...seems like it would be the cheaper route and should be able to hold 800ish hp depending on rods/pistons etc. As for swapping motors id just think the ecu but im not sure on that.

mach504

Established Member
How much you think it would cost me because I had a spun bearing that lead to me throwing a rod plus I sent metal shavings through the entire motor an I'm need new short block because the rod shot out of it from there

Icecold

Established Member
MMR 4.75 Liter Stroker Mod 900SE good for 900rwhp but its on sale for 3200$ you might be better off finding a motor with blower for around 4-5 maybe not sure, youll still have to find some parts for the blower I believe and possible ecu but not sure on that you might just be able to get yours tuned for it youll need throttle cable and cruise cable as well I think. Im definitely not the best person for knowledge about engine building/swapping on this forum hopefully someone else will chime in.

scotmach

Established Member
What do you mean by get a Cobra? You need to be more clear in what your asking. And I already answered the question on the computer.

mach504

Established Member
Sorry I'm a lil slow lol but u said I need a lot of parts to fit a termi motor in it like what for example

sdg97232

Established Member
You'll need allot of parts.......once you get passed that they are both DOHC 4.6's they are very very different motors.

Icecold

Established Member
if he got the whole motor wouldn't he have most of the parts ? besides the heat exchanger,pumps,lines belts etc ?? if all the wiring will match up besides throttle cruise cables what else do you need ? He will have the alter the covers the pulleys etc. Sorry just trying to understand for myself now as well.

Users who are viewing this thread