changing fuel pumps

Rook

Established Member
hey guys is it easier to change the fuel pumps by tank if you take the bed off or drop the tank. i looked at the how to but was wondering what would is best.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I pulled the bed, had my dad and neighbor help out. If you can get your truck up off the ground high enough. I would just drop the tank, I got a few mishaps when we went to put the bed back on. Got to take it back to the body shop to get some touch up work done.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
You dont have to take the whole bed off just slide it back a little bit. I didnt have anybody to help me take off the whole thing so I slid it back about enough to where I could have access to the pumps.

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
I dont take the bed off when you have a 1/4 tank of gas jack it up and slide a jack stand under. I just pick up one side, takes me about 45min. to do the job. I always end up workin on by myself, by the way Travis said, HI.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I've done it both ways. For me it's easier to just take it to work on an empty tank and drop the tank down. But that's on my rack at work.

If I was doing it in my driveway I think I'd buy my friends some beer and have a bed pulling party.

Rook

Established Member
thanks for the replies. pumps should be here anyday then i can pass my suggestions out lol

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
I pulled the bed, had my dad and neighbor help out. If you can get your truck up off the ground high enough. I would just drop the tank, I got a few mishaps when we went to put the bed back on. Got to take it back to the body shop to get some touch up work done.

I did the same thing. But mine buffed out. You did use tape right?

Charlie

Stinger2007

Established Member
Dropped the tank twice, it's a one man jobber, didn't take long at all the second time. I can have if off in a matter of minutes.

Ugh! just make sure it's almost empty. Otherwise, when it comes to getting it back on, you'll be a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread