changing front brakes to a drag setup question...

venom04svt

Established Member
I bought my 04 termi with the Brembo Cobra R Brakes on the front..well i am looking at going to a drag setup for the front using aerospace or wilwood brakes for the front so i can run 15" wheels. Currently the 17" alumistars won't even clear that brake kit. Do I have to change out the complete spindal and brake setup or are the spindals the same for GT's and Cobra's just different caliper mounts etc?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I bought my 04 termi with the Brembo Cobra R Brakes on the front..well i am looking at going to a drag setup for the front using aerospace or wilwood brakes for the front so i can run 15" wheels. Currently the 17" alumistars won't even clear that brake kit. Do I have to change out the complete spindal and brake setup or are the spindals the same for GT's and Cobra's just different caliper mounts etc?

is this a dd? street car? real drag brakes wont take thew abuse of stop and go all the time...they will warp quickly and have lots of brake fade as they dont cool well. very thin and no cooling fins.

if you just want to run a 15" wheel why not
add a spacer?
or
swap to GT brakes?

venom04svt

Established Member
with a spacer and 17" alumistars it doesn't clear my brembo's. I am lucky to put 100 miles on my car a month. Before i deloyed my car had 8,127 miles on it and isn't being drove while i am gone..so

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
with a spacer and 17" alumistars it doesn't clear my brembo's. I am lucky to put 100 miles on my car a month. Before i deloyed my car had 8,127 miles on it and isn't being drove while i am gone..so

you need a 1" spacer. what did you use?

or swap to GT brakes and use a...i think 5/8" spacer.

I have drag brakes and would reccommend them to a drag car. nothing that see's the highway or mild to long trips. its a BIG step down in extended performance

venom04svt

Established Member
i tried a 3/4 spacer with my buddy's 17" alumistars.. The furthest i drive is to the track and thats about 17miles.. if it leaves the garage any other time its to work n back and thats about 7 miles..

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i tried a 3/4 spacer with my buddy's 17" alumistars.. The furthest i drive is to the track and thats about 17miles.. if it leaves the garage any other time its to work n back and thats about 7 miles..

some drag calipers require a swap to manual brakes also. I would look into it more man.

1" spacer ($50)....or GT brakes....or track only setup.

Users who are viewing this thread