Changing front brakes... snapped c-clip.

97cobra1

Established Member
just as the title says, i was changing my front brakes and the passenger side c clip snapped in two when i tried to pull it off. what size, and more importantly where can i get an appropriate sized clip that isn't from ford and stupid expensive?

luckily, my dad had a clip that works and stays in place, but it doesn't fit exactly like it's supposed to. It's just on there temporarily until i can get something to replace it tomorrow.

bornatiger

Established Member
Home Depot has about 5 different sizes. Ask me how I know!
I don't remember which size though. They are like $0.50 for a pack of 2. Just grab a few different sizes. Thats what I did. Hope this helps.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Are you referring to the E clip that holds the pin for the caliper?

If so, those are available in an assortment pack at the part store for less than $5

97cobra1

Established Member
yeah, e clip. c, e... whatever. i checked autozone and the guy showed me something that didn't work out. didn't have time to check advanced auto as it was amost 9 when i got to good ole vatozone.

but i'm looking for the exact size because, like bornatiger said, you can get em for like 30 cents a piece at a hardware store and iv'e spent 5 bucks on a bunch of clips that didn't work. 10 bucks is more than i wanna pay for a single clip at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread