Changing coolant

efnfast

Established Member
I've held off on changing the coolant because I was always leery of Ford replacing Orange coolant with Yellow, but I think enough time has passed that if there were any problems they'd have popped up (I've seen freaky stuff when like Dodge's HOAT and OAT get mixed up and turn to gel)

Are there any tricks to know when changing the coolant - like how in 4v coolant crossover you need to fill and burp from the crossover tube not the reservoir - or is it just pull the lower radiator hose, lower intercooler hose, drain it out and refill/burp at the reservoirs?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i dont know the burp procedure on those cars but Id say be prepared to do it multiple times to get it the majority of it out. On my 03 just draining the radiator and refilling with water took about 12 gallons over 3-4 drain and fills for it not to be green anymore.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I've done my radiator fluid but not my supercharger fluid. I feel as if it was pretty straight foward and also made sure my hot air was working. I didnt have any machines to help so did it the old fasion way.

Users who are viewing this thread